Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Really think we would have been better going 4231 today, knowing how they'd setup the bus.

Given their setup on the day it would have been better than the 433 anyway.
    We went to 4231 last year to get better results v the teams lower down in the pl with great effect.
    I think the 4-3-3 is reliant on us having all of our usual front three on the pitch.

I think the 4/3/3 as limitations when your playing against 5 at the back and 2 in front.. Your front 3 are playing up against 3 centre back and the wings backs that push in as well. Its all congested in the middle then. that's why that twat moron calling it a blocking pattern. If you look the stats they will probably show most of possession of the game was in their half until about 30 yards out from their box. so you can tell how compressed the play was.. Its not easy when teams do that. If the rest of the league try it from now on. we are gonna have to find ways around it.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think the 4/3/3 as limitations when your playing against 5 at the back and 2 in front.. Your front 3 are playing up against 3 centre back and the wings backs that push in as well. Its all congested in the middle then. that's why that twat moron calling it a blocking pattern. If you look the stats they will probably show most of possession of the game was in their half until about 30 yards out from their box. so you can tell how compressed the play was.. Its not easy when teams do that. If the rest of the league try it from now on. we are gonna have to find ways around it.
    We need runners from midfield. That's Something that Henderson and Fabinho never do, and something that Wijnaldum doesn't do nearly often enough, both away from Anfield and when he's not wearing a Netherlands shirt.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 21st October 2019 at 01:31 AM.

Fabinho is a defensive midfielder so no one blame him for not moving forward, dribble or creative.

Wij and Hendo provide stability of the midfield, they hold the ball well, calm.

But Hendo is too British midfielder, lacking of creativity, can't dribble can't shoot, he is good on the field when we are leading 2-0, 3-0. Not when we are chasing a goal.

Wij has 3 world class forwarders in front of him, I always feel like his didn't play as free as when he is with the Holland team. Where he is always open to try in or out the box.

I would rather have ox to replace one of them, wij or Hendo one need to be out.