Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What you watched last good or bad.

Disney + is the absolute boom. All the marvel cartoons from when I was a kid, it's great lockdown viewing.
    Been watching the malcolm X series on netflix too. Excellent which is rare for netflix as 99 percent of the documentary content is sensationalist, doctored shite. IMO anyway.

Love a sesh on the Amazon Firestick when at Mart's Mansion....Been getting into this guy's YouTube vids about Covid-19......Check out the latest about a possible vaccine and treatments....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDE12HymYc

The Tiger King.
    That's some fucked up shit right there !!

Amazing to think there's more Tigers in America in private ownership than there is wild around the world. Never mind Joe Exotic and Carol fucking Baskin 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The Tiger King.

Amazing to think there's more Tigers in America in private ownership than there is wild around the world. Never mind Joe Exotic and Carol fucking Baskin ������
    America is still one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited, stunning diverse landscape ............unfortunately it's also teeming with loonies, absolutely infested with them.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The Tiger King.

Amazing to think there's more Tigers in America in private ownership than there is wild around the world. Never mind Joe Exotic and Carol fucking Baskin 😂😂😂
    Two episodes in.

These people shouldn't be allowed to vote, let alone own AK47s and tigers.

How that "Doc" Antle hasn't been locked up is beyond me. Let alone the drug lord who kept his fortune and served only 12 years.

Meanwhile, if you've seen Mskinv a Murderer, Avery remains in prison based in little/no credible evidence and can't get a retrial.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Two episodes in.

These people shouldn't be allowed to vote, let alone own AK47s and tigers.

How that "Doc" Antle hasn't been locked up is beyond me. Let alone the drug lord who kept his fortune and served only 12 years.

Meanwhile, if you've seen Mskinv a Murderer, Avery remains in prison based in little/no credible evidence and can't get a retrial.
    Have you looked at the evidence that was left out of making a murderer? I
    That docu-series is cleverly made, I dont think hes as innocent as made out. No doubt the manatawk PD are shady and he was stitched up first time round but the second time I'm not sure. Theres no reason to leave out what they did if they didnt think it wouldn't influence the viewer in my book. Plus the blatant smut and smear of the police in parts is both unnecessary and unrelated to the case. Yet again it's to get you on his side.
    That's why I have a problem with Netflix docs. They're clever in the way they are made, they love to highlight issues and downplay or dumb down certain things. They achieve what they set out to which is getting people talking about them = Higher ratings regardless of truth or facts.

Watched a film yesterday, a drama about Brian Banks, NFL player who was imprisoned at the age of 16 and fought for years to clear his name. He was accused of rape and kidnap and was let down by the system, his lawyer and the victim and her mother. Harrowing story makes me wonder how many more people are betrayed by the law.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Have you looked at the evidence that was left out of making a murderer? I
    That docu-series is cleverly made, I dont think hes as innocent as made out. No doubt the manatawk PD are shady and he was stitched up first time round but the second time I'm not sure. Theres no reason to leave out what they did if they didnt think it wouldn't influence the viewer in my book. Plus the blatant smut and smear of the police in parts is both unnecessary and unrelated to the case. Yet again it's to get you on his side.
    That's why I have a problem with Netflix docs. They're clever in the way they are made, they love to highlight issues and downplay or dumb down certain things. They achieve what they set out to which is getting people talking about them = Higher ratings regardless of truth or facts.
    Haven't seen what evidence they've left out, but I'd love to see it, as would like a balanced view. I also think that if they freed Avery based on dodgy evidence that pretty much every case in the State would have to he retired.

Having now finished (apart from the special) the Tiger King, it baffles me why the big cat law hasn't been passed, it seems such an obvious one.

I was talking to my wife about the ludicrous gun laws in the states; and said to her to imagine if a law was passed tomorrow to let everyone in our village (standard village of some nice, some dickheads, some real wrong'uns) own a gun. It would absolutely terrifying, and you know that all of the poorly educated wrong'uns would just get tooled up, and every time they get pissed off with someone, they'd start waving their gun about.
    America's obsession with their "right" to bear arms is so unconscionably wrong on every level, and shows like Tiger King underline why.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Haven't seen what evidence they've left out, but I'd love to see it, as would like a balanced view. I also think that if they freed Avery based on dodgy evidence that pretty much every case in the State would have to he retired.

Having now finished (apart from the special) the Tiger King, it baffles me why the big cat law hasn't been passed, it seems such an obvious one.

I was talking to my wife about the ludicrous gun laws in the states; and said to her to imagine if a law was passed tomorrow to let everyone in our village (standard village of some nice, some dickheads, some real wrong'uns) own a gun. It would absolutely terrifying, and you know that all of the poorly educated wrong'uns would just get tooled up, and every time they get pissed off with someone, they'd start waving their gun about.
    America's obsession with their "right" to bear arms is so unconscionably wrong on every level, and shows like Tiger King underline why.
    It's in their constitution and would need an amendment to that, to change it.
    America has had so many mass killings by nutters I can't believe it hasn't been changed.
    Maybe it's down to money.
    What isn't, these days?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    It's in their constitution and would need an amendment to that, to change it.
    America has had so many mass killings by nutters I can't believe it hasn't been changed.
    Maybe it's down to money.
    What isn't, these days?
    It doesn't help when they go for their Friday big shop at Walmart and the wife goes to the groceries aisles while hubby nips round to the firearms aisle and tops up his AK47 ammo.