Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: What you watched last good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Finished the last dance. Really good but I dont like Jordan as much as I did. He has arrogance that would put Ronaldo to shame. No doubt about how great he is but he really did expect everyone to blow smoke up his arse and like doing it.
    Completely disagree that air jordans started sneaker culture too. Thats the yanks failing again by not looking outside their own backyard. Europe already had a massive sneaker culture with Adidas,Puma,Fila,Ellesse etc.
    It's all subjective though. You have a look at the way Carra screamed at Finnan and other defenders for not doing what they should pr making a mistake. Jordan came in to a group of losers and for 7 years was the best player on the planet and won nothing; can't really blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    It's all subjective though. You have a look at the way Carra screamed at Finnan and other defenders for not doing what they should pr making a mistake. Jordan came in to a group of losers and for 7 years was the best player on the planet and won nothing; can't really blame him.
    I dont have that much of a problem with the way he carried on with his team mates. He made them better no doubt. I just mean the way he can't admit anyone ever had a good game against him. Payton for example, made some bollox excuse about fathers day. Dont show another player that disrespect, just admit they had a better game than you. No Shame in it.
    He went out of his way to embarrass others, not a nice quality in my book. You dont have to do that to prove you're the greatest.
    Hes a big I am in the biggest sense, Probably more than anyone other than Ali. Theres no question hes the greatest. He was on another level completely. I just think he could have been a little more humble at times.

The Last Dance was brilliant but you have to take a lot of it with a big pinch of Hollywood salt. Every episode had a couple of 'what did he say?....I'll show him' moments. Doubt they're all true (he even admits one was bs but everyone believed it for years) but it makes for great TV.

Doubt there's a GOAT in any sport that was a nice person when they were at the top, I'm not even sure you can be.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    The Last Dance was brilliant but you have to take a lot of it with a big pinch of Hollywood salt. Every episode had a couple of 'what did he say?....I'll show him' moments. Doubt they're all true (he even admits one was bs but everyone believed it for years) but it makes for great TV.

Doubt there's a GOAT in any sport that was a nice person when they were at the top, I'm not even sure you can be.
    I agree it was hammed up for Hollywood, but that's America for you they love all that shit.
    Basketball is nothing like football with the endless scoring plus you would never have Messi and Ronaldo on a one on one like they have with the top stars in Basketball.
    The early 90's was a bit of a blur for me so I didn't know about his Dad.

Spenser confidential.

You know when you continue to watch a film thinking it can't be this bad all the way through. After 1h 43 mins turns out I was wrong.

Utter shite.

Saw Treasure Island film with Christian Bale as Jim, Oliver Reed as Billy Bones, Christopher Lee as Blind Pew and Charlton Heston as Long John.
    I was very sceptical as I have a dislike of anything starring Charlton Heston and I love the Treasure Island story.
    I must say that Heston was brilliant as Long John and this film is probably the best and also the most faithful to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Spenser confidential.

You know when you continue to watch a film thinking it can't be this bad all the way through. After 1h 43 mins turns out I was wrong.

Utter shite.
    I thought the very same with once upon a time in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I thought the very same with once upon a time in Hollywood.
    Same here. Thank fuck the last 5 minutes were epic.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Saw Treasure Island film with Christian Bale as Jim, Oliver Reed as Billy Bones, Christopher Lee as Blind Pew and Charlton Heston as Long John.
    I was very sceptical as I have a dislike of anything starring Charlton Heston and I love the Treasure Island story.
    I must say that Heston was brilliant as Long John and this film is probably the best and also the most faithful to the book.
    I have, I think, the first version of this story with Robert Newton. Haven't seen the version you mentioned but will seek it out. Charlton Heston was one of the legendary greats of Hollywood.

Cracking film just starting/about to start on BBC channel 4 13/08/20 10:15 pm - "the Damned United".
    Worth a watch if you've not seen it.