Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: What you watched last good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Just finished season one of The Boys, great fun even though the 'British' accent is a little wayward. It's kind of an anti superhero series.
    Absolutely loved The Boys! I've been a fan of the comic for years, so was a little bit wary when I saw it was being made into a tv series (particularly after the utter abortion that they made of Preacher), but this was an absolute joy. Anthony Starr was amazing as The Homelander I thought.

I'm a Celebrity 😂😂😂
    That Caitlyn Jenner is a odd one , and I don't just mean the obvious. Give Caitlyn Jenner partner a Google search and you'll know what I mean.
    Teenage daughters know about all that shit !!!

I watched Cold Call on channel 5 this week. Great potential but ended up disappointing.
    Also saw Liam Neeson in Non Stop. Great suspense film, really enjoyed it.

Watched The Joker and The Mandalorian (first 3 episodes) yesterday online. The Joker was a very good film and Joaquin Phoenix did a top job at playing the madman. Not sure where they will go after this film as there are a few lead on's in it but won't go into that on here. Also though The Mandalorian was very good and am intrigued as to where the story line goes with it, again a lot of Star Wars nostalgia in it which you'd expect from the new Disney Star Wars. Again, won't go into details about it incase anyone hasn't seen them yet!

The Joker - 8 out of 10.
    The Mandalorian - 8 out of 10.

Just saw the Mandalorian yesterday too. I quite like the feel of it, even if it's moving faar to quickly for my liking. They could have stretched those first three episodes into five or six quite easily and I'd have been glad. Still, it looks decent thus far.

Also saw the first three episodes of Gendy Tartakovski's Primal. It's a destillation of what you want from Gendy.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Mandalorian is already the best show this year and its only 3 episodes in. Its visually amazing obviously but that 3rd episode was classic tv material.
    I love it.

Also Primal hasn't yet had a single line of dialogue in its first four episodes and yet it's made me more emotional than pretty much anything I've seen in the last few years.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Mandalorian is already the best show this year and its only 3 episodes in. Its visually amazing obviously but that 3rd episode was classic tv material.
    I love it.
    I've only got through the first 2 eps but so far it has been superb. Some really nice callbacks without them being too obvious.

My only issue with it is the music. Needs to have a moe JW feel to it. The end credit music is taken directly from Rocky!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I've only got through the first 2 eps but so far it has been superb. Some really nice callbacks without them being too obvious.

My only issue with it is the music. Needs to have a moe JW feel to it. The end credit music is taken directly from Rocky!
    I think the music is good in parts but not great overall. Wait till you see episode 3. It'll blow you away.

I've watched the first three episodes of The Mandalorian and so far it's okay - nothing special for me though. I'm sure it's pure coincidence that Disney have put out a show with the cute little baby Yoda in it just before Christmas shopping season starts...

Personally, I'm absolutely hooked on Critical Role on YouTube at the moment.