Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He should get mentioned along with the others. Scored in two European cup finals, and at one point held the record for most consecutive appearances. In fact his record may still stand.
    Indeed..

More from TAW:

From October 24, 1976 to September 23, 1983, Phil Neal broke another Liverpool record. Between those dates he didnít miss a single Liverpool match Ė a run of 417 games. There were only two near misses Ė one when he broke a cheekbone and, on another occasion, a toe. He played nonetheless. He also didnít miss a dayís training as he saw playing for Liverpool as an enjoyable experience rather than work, and didnít want to miss out on a single session.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - Potentially 2 even... but I still believe Trent is going to have a say further forward... His ball control is improving at a pace and he is starting to glide past opponents with ease.

More on Phil...

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/...er-right-back/
    Nice article there from our Prince.

He had an ambassadorial role at the club until recently, not sure if he still is busy with that. Greeting corporate people on match days and such. While he is indeed undeniably a legend, a Liverpool phenomenon, I think there are a couple of reasons why he gets a bit overlooked. I think he put a few peoples noses out of joint at the club, towards the end of his career. I think he was pissed off about Kenny getting the managerial role, when he thought if it was going to go to a player it should be him. Also he was part of that humiliating England management team under Graham Taylor. the fly on the wall documentary was seen by millions in the UK and he came across as weak, a yes man, a figure of ridicule. Liverpool fans are not exactly enthusiastic about the England squad at the best of times.
    I think I have remembered that stuff correctly, if anyone else has more information or thinks I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - Potentially 2 even... but I still believe Trent is going to have a say further forward... His ball control is improving at a pace and he is starting to glide past opponents with ease.

More on Phil...

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/...er-right-back/
    Would like to see Trent get into the England midfield presently.