Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New Balance or Nike? (The decision is made today)

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Don't like that green creeping in. Hope that doesn't start appearing in scarves.
    I imagine in a perfect World they would make something very close to the 17/18 season New Balance kit, but don't want to be accused of copying New Balance straight off the bat.

You can see the potential should minor alterations be made, such a white with thin red piping, for future years.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I imagine in a perfect World they would make something very close to the 17/18 season New Balance kit, but don't want to be accused of copying New Balance straight off the bat.

You can see the potential should minor alterations be made, such a white with thin red piping, for future years.
    Enough already Sid.

It’s a piss poor effort by a company that believes it is bigger than “brand Liverpool FC”. Make no mistake this is what is going on.... Akin to an Arsenal kit palmed off as a Liverpool kit. Wrong Red.!!!’ Seriously - whoever came up with this couldn’t design their way out of a paper bag.

Shockingly shite. Total arrogance and the owners need to be fucking called out for this disaster of a kit.

My advice would be :
    Get yer lips of Nike’s arse and start putting your money where it is needed.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st August 2020 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Enough already Sid.

It’s a piss poor effort by a company that believes it is bigger than “brand Liverpool FC”. Make no mistake this is what is going on.... Akin to an Arsenal kit palmed off as a Liverpool kit. Wrong Red.!!!’ Seriously - whoever came up with this couldn’t design their way out of a paper bag.

Shockingly shite. Total arrogance and the owners need to be fucking called out for this disaster of a kit.

My advice would be :
    I really like most of your posts but your such a doom monger. You must be like yhat stoner guy out of road trip.
    Last edited by eggy81; 1st August 2020 at 11:52 PM.

Wrong Red.!!!

I don't know how to attach a screenshot from my phone, so will try to track the original source, but someone laid the Nike kit on top of (with overlap) the New Balance kit and it isn't remotely like as many shades lighter as the promo stuff seems to suggest - won't know until we see it in the flesh of course, but this does happen - the first Warrior kit looked SO dark in some promo and actually ended up looking almost Orange in certain lights.

My lips are nowhere near Nike's arse Steveo - I generally try to look through a fairly positive lens about as many things as I can, think my post history reflects that fairly well. Will "judge" Nike so to speak after 3 seasons or so - for the record I think their first effort is good, though probably wouldn't go so far as to say "excellent" as I prefer the cleaner look of red and white with the bit of yellow/gold, but I certainly don't hate it.

Where is my money needed Steveo?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I really like most of your posts but your such a doom monger. You must be like yhat stoner guy out of road trip.
    I am a little doom mongerish - no argument.

But seriously - I just call it what it is. The kit is a travesty

I don't know how to attach a screenshot from my phone, so will try to track the original source, but someone laid the Nike kit on top of (with overlap) the New Balance kit and it isn't remotely like as many shades lighter as the promo stuff seems to suggest - won't know until we see it in the flesh of course, but this does happen - the first Warrior kit looked SO dark in some promo and actually ended up looking almost Orange in certain lights.

My lips are nowhere near Nike's arse Steveo - I generally try to look through a fairly positive lens about as many things as I can, think my post history reflects that fairly well. Will "judge" Nike so to speak after 3 seasons or so - for the record I think their first effort is good, though probably wouldn't go so far as to say "excellent" as I prefer the cleaner look of red and white with the bit of yellow/gold, but I certainly don't hate it.

Where is my money needed Steveo?
    Wasn’t aimed at you mate - the lips on Nike - the owners... And the money needs to flow into that squad which is going to hit the wall.

Wasn’t aimed at you mate - the lips on Nike - the owners... And the money needs to flow into that squad which is going to hit the wall.
    Gotcha.

I think spending will come, but we won't see £50m back-ups to the front three who won't play regularly - as you are essentially wasting wages as well as the initial transfer fee. Can't see a big fee player come in unless it's a replacement.

In terms of transfer strategy for THIS window, I am also interested to see if we're waiting for confirmation in regards to the 5-subs rule - strength in depth arguably becomes even MORE important if that rule stays (I hope it doesn't personally) versus the regular 3-subs.

Still think much of our "spending" has been on keeping our best here (wages, bonus incentives) - Klopp must love that we haven't had a "Gotze" or "Lewandowski" moment at any stage - indeed the only "star" we have lost in the Klopp years has been Coutinho and we very much made that work in our favour. So used to our top players lasting 3 and a half seasons or so (think that timeframe applies to both Suarez and Torres) and we have a string of players who will likely give us their 5 best years and possibly more.

The kit is a travesty?? good job its the players that make all the difference.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The kit is a travesty?? good job its the players that make all the difference.
    In the current economic climate, I'm much more fussed about how well it sells (to help facilitate club finances) than the aesthetic - a boss kit does of course drive sales, but in terms of priority, that's where mine lies.

Speaking of the kit and the players -

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

In the current economic climate, I'm much more fussed about how well it sells (to help facilitate club finances) than the aesthetic - a boss kit does of course drive sales, but in terms of priority, that's where mine lies.

Speaking of the kit and the players -

Are any of those players in the video not Nike players ?