Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance or Nike? (The decision is made today)

Sunderland first european team to wear nike kit in 1982.
    Sponsored Brazil in 96 onwards.

And that Advert with the Brazil squad in the airport was brilliant.

Nike have some phenomenal commercials, this being my favourite.

Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Expensive production for sure Bali but the creative is pretty weak mate. First out of the hat ideas put to a high energy audio - all hung around the appeal of each individual player at any given moment in time for each of the biggest markets..

The 100% commercial exploitation of the game personified through advertising of a brand that has no origin in the sport... Doesn't say anything about what football is really all about - because to the Yanks it only means one thing - MONEY!!!

The best ad campaign Adidas could run should be centred on the slogan -

Nike - They just donít get it....

You can probably tell - I am not a fan of Nike. I am biased

Oh yeah, like a company "originating" in the sport wouldn't be commercially exploiting the shite out the players. Come on now.

And let's be honest - they do give a pretty significant chunk of the video to showing how emotionally important football is to communities around the world. They at least try to show the impact a single mistake can have on entire careers of pros and lives of fans, which is something. One of the most important aspects of football is its ability to unite people behind a common cause and I think that's reasonably well represented. Furthermore, we see how important to pop-culture football has become over the years as the undisputed king of sports.

I much prefer this to several players fighting for the Earth's survival against some alien invaders or a team of Shao-Lin monks.

Which top footie ad do you like?

Edit: Oh, I don't really like Nike all that much either. Give me an Adidas product any day of the week. If we want to go a bit off-grid, I quite like FILA.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 27th October 2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

I am sure all trying to shift product would be doing similar mate, but I donít think there is anything great about it. As an ad IMO it is bit weak creatively and a very shallow take on the spectacle of the World Cup. Such a historic event completely unreflected.

I would personally like to see more of a team aspect about the sport - rather than purely focussing on signed up sponsored individual players.

Donít get me wrong - it is clearly going to work from a marketing perspective due to the stars themselves and the production quality BUT to me that doesnít make a phenomenal ad... I worked in advertising creative for a good 15 years so I am picky..

Edit: FILA.... haha that was all the rage when I was a kid... Nostalgia - itís probably part of my anti Nike Bias to be fair. I just never equated them as a top football brand. For me it was always Puma... Love the old Puma boots

I must admit though - as a rabid Red - If the Nike deal is as beneficial to us as has been claimed... I am shallow enough to be over the moon.
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th October 2019 at 09:53 AM.

Ah, yeah I see what you mean about the team aspect. Yeah, that is quite lacking, no doubt.

Did FILA use to make more footie stuff? I know them from volleyball and was quite surprised when I bought my first pair of FILA footie boots a few years back.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXjyzCK0QQ

Here's an adidas ad for Steveo
    I won't embed it. They're sponsoring manu till 2025/26, unless they bail before then.

Eurgh... Yuck - I feel dirty after watching that...

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Ah, yeah I see what you mean about the team aspect. Yeah, that is quite lacking, no doubt.

Did FILA use to make more footie stuff? I know them from volleyball and was quite surprised when I bought my first pair of FILA footie boots a few years back.
    Not sure to be honest - but they were desirable when I was young. I also remember Kappa?