Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance or Nike? (The decision is made today)

A League and Champion's League double really shouldn't be beyond us given the cushion we have in the League and how good we are defensively.

I'm not saying I "demand" it like an ultra-entitled fan, but I really cannot over-state how much belief I have in this side.

Could be massive for us going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A League and Champion's League double really shouldn't be beyond us given the cushion we have in the League and how good we are defensively.

I'm not saying I "demand" it like an ultra-entitled fan, but I really cannot over-state how much belief I have in this side.

The quintuple shouldn't be beyond us Let's just keep taking it one game at a time with all our focus on each next game, winning it and getting another vital 3 points or progression to each next round and see what happens
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The quintuple shouldn't be beyond us Let's just keep taking it one game at a time with all our focus on each next game, winning it and getting another vital 3 points or progression to each next round and see what happens
    Yeah we'll see.

Apart from Matchday itself, I'm not massively bothered about the FA Cup. The thought of us missing out on Big Ears for a 7th time or a 19th title because we got greedy and over-shot during a difficult rotation juggle doesn't sit well.

We have 5 League games before Atletico. Agree whole-heartedly with taking them one at a time, but I would be hoping we can yield maximum / close to maximum points return so that we can give the Wanda Metropolitano lads a lesson - which in itself is a huge task - very difficult place to play.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I think we'd be favourites with most football fans though the bookies have city marginally ahead of us.

Open to correction.....

In terms of points per game/wins in each league respectively, the standouts imo are us obviously practically 3 points per game. Next best Juventus and then PSG just above 2ppg. The rest are pretty much around 2ppg except for Lyon, Valencia, Napoli & Spurs who trail badly.

In terms of best defense in their leagues it's real & atleti 12, PSG 13 and us 14. We've played 2 more league games than all of those.

For goals scored per game city lead, then Barca & us, Psg leipzig & Bayern all doing well. But weaker leagues.

Managerial pedigree in recent years hard to look beyond Zz and Klopp. Zz 3 cl wins has Hazard for Ronny and Klopp back to back finals.
    Thereafter Simeone probably next best imo, and then PeP with Jose in theory/history though spurs have struggled this season.

So in essence we feature in each basic category: manager, wins/points, goals scored and mean defense.

Barca have a new manager with a somewhat demonic name and their fans seem delighted valverde is gone.
    City have Laporte expected to be back and imo it will be interesting to see what pep goes with if all are available in his back 4 and midfield.
    So a little unknown factor with both of these sides imo.

We've tricky enough last 16 tie, but I'm optimistic of our chances. A lot of games to be played before then and after, so touch wood nothing changes

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We've tricky enough last 16 tie, but I'm optimistic of our chances. A lot of games to be played before then and after, so touch wood nothing changes
    I'm optimistic too - and the City v Real Madrid tie knocks someone "big" out of the competition for us, should we progress.

Barcelona will be better-prepared for us next time we face them, whenever that is (think 2005 and 2007 with Liverpool and AC Milan) which is something to be conscious of, though it's only really Messi and Suarez that truly concern me and their bubble can't be many years from bursting when you look at the average of the that first team and the money they have wasted these last 4-5 years. Without wishing to belittle them, they got a truly freak result (the score-line specifically) at Camp Nou - there's no way our level of performance there, 9 times out of 10, yields a 3-0 loss. That was a drawn game or a 1-goal margin game every day of the week.

Bayern could be interesting with the Klopp dynamic being paired with the Coutinho dynamic.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Barca have the benefit of having lethal marksmen. It allows you to win games without the right of possession stats etc.

Suárez is out for the rest of the season. Having a knee operation this week I believe.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

A Nike employee has been on Twitter to say that the templates are going and that kits will be more unique to individual teams for 20/21 season.

Excellent news if they get their design choices right for us. So we should be moving away from things like a pattern on the goalkeeper's sleeves being identical to the pattern on the goalkeeper's sleeves for another big Nike team etc.

See what happens!

Don't we usually see next season's kit on the last home game of the season?
    Doubt we'll get that this season with that game being the trophy presentation, it wouldn't be right for Nike to gatecrash the celebration, which will obviously have a huge worldwide audience when they had no hand in it.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Hahaha yeah they’ll obviously consider whether it’s morally right to John Terry our celebrations purely to make profit ....