Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance or Nike? (The decision is made today)

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Don't we usually see next season's kit on the last home game of the season?
    Doubt we'll get that this season with that game being the trophy presentation, it wouldn't be right for Nike to gatecrash the celebration, which will obviously have a huge worldwide audience when they had no hand in it.
    Totally agree. I know its business but I do not like what the club have done to new balance. Its shit craic in my book. They've basically done a reverse on the slyshit way Adidas binned us off with their sneaky dig to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Totally agree. I know its business but I do not like what the club have done to new balance. Its shit craic in my book. They've basically done a reverse on the slyshit way Adidas binned us off with their sneaky dig to go with it.
    I really like the New Balance kits, they did an absolutely superb job of marrying famous older strips we wore with the modern day, Nike have A LOT to live up to in that respect and I sincerely hope they follow on where New Balance sadly left off with their kit designs marrying aspects of some of our most famous and popular kits of years gone by with the modern day

This season's kit by New Balance was for me THE best kit we've had for years and New Balance had already given themselves some stern competition on that front
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A Nike employee has been on Twitter to say that the templates are going and that kits will be more unique to individual teams for 20/21 season.

Excellent news if they get their design choices right for us. So we should be moving away from things like a pattern on the goalkeeper's sleeves being identical to the pattern on the goalkeeper's sleeves for another big Nike team etc.

See what happens!
    I'd like to believe it, but can't really see it happening.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

An mbappe or 2 will help ease the blow of shit kits.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Disagree, we've done wonders for New Balance and they didn't have to pay too much for the privilige of being associated with such an iconic club.
    Lucky fookers in my books !! They had position and lost out to Nike.

1 Europa league final, 1 cc cup final, 2 champions league finals - winning 1 #6
    1 premier league epic title race last year and 1 soon to be (touching wood etc) desperately sought, long awaited & hard earned premier league title.

Klopp !!
    Mane, Salah, Firmino !!
    Best back 5 in the world and our plodding midfielders & back up heroes
    The mighty comeback LFC 4-0 Barca
    The new stand and that buzz too

The greatest LFC premier league side to date!!
    CL winners, super cup and first time LFC are WCC and throughout we donned their attire dapperly !!
    Lucky.

They'll be a fondly remembered kit manufacturer by many fans, with some epic images of our lads in their kits winning titles to cherish.
    All good things come to an end though.
    The club moves on and made the best decision for the club. Hard to argue against that decision
    Hard to suggest they didnt get value for money !
    Last edited by CCTV; 6th February 2020 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    An mbappe or 2 will help ease the blow of shit kits.
    Reading through the forum....peoples enthusiasm has got me believing we will get him in the summer with Nike topping up his wages...

All fine and dandy....but the worry would then be about our sponsors having an influence on team selection....

So let's forget mbop can we please..lol

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Disagree, we've done wonders for New Balance and they didn't have to pay too much for the privilige of being associated with such an iconic club.
    Lucky fookers in my books !! They had position and lost out to Nike.

1 Europa league final, 1 cc cup final, 2 champions league finals - winning 1 #6
    1 premier league epic title race last year and 1 soon to be (touching wood etc) desperately sought, long awaited & hard earned premier league title.

Klopp !!
    Mane, Salah, Firmino !!
    Best back 5 in the world and our plodding midfielders & back up heroes
    The mighty comeback LFC 4-0 Barca
    The new stand and that buzz too

The greatest LFC premier league side to date!!
    CL winners, super cup and first time LFC are WCC and throughout we donned their attire dapperly !!
    Lucky.

They'll be a fondly remembered kit manufacturer by many fans, with some epic images of our lads in their kits winning titles to cherish.
    All good things come to an end though.
    The club moves on and made the best decision for the club. Hard to argue against that decision
    Hard to suggest they didnt get value for money !
    I guess you're right but I also agree with 19. Business is business but to me it kind of has the feel of the class who's ran off with the bloke who's got more money.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Reading through the forum....peoples enthusiasm has got me believing we will get him in the summer with Nike topping up his wages...

All fine and dandy....but the worry would then be about our sponsors having an influence on team selection....

So let's forget mbop can we please..lol
    Ha ha. I don't think theres much chance of signing mbappe really. I'd be hoping that the nike deal will help propel us up into the category of clubs where the odd signing of that class might be possible if the manager so wishes though.

Mbappe is going to Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Mbappe is going to Madrid.
    How do you know his holiday arrangements?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”