Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    $terling was already on a warning after he turned up late for the friendly against Nigeria last year, having already been given an extra day off. Southgate waived any punishment but warned against a repeat.
    I could definitely envisage Sterling having a downturn of form at some stage akin to Coutinho's if his head is rattled.

Also interested to see how Sterling copes I. A post-Pep City team, which will happen eventually.

I see danny rose is in someway blaming the fans at Anfield for booing Sterling for the incident with Gomez.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I see danny rose is in someway blaming the fans at Anfield for booing Sterling for the incident with Gomez.
    So we're under everyone's skin? This is good.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

I guess he would know - probably spent the game hiding in the lower main stand wearing a funny nose and glasses disguise....waiting for the chance to practice his latest dive routine..

Lest us not forget City fans boo James Milner for all those years of loyal service

I thought the narrative was that Sterling has been booed at Anfield for years but now he's matured it doesn't bother him no more.

The way some of these players/pundits are going on you'd think its the first time a player has been goaded by the other teams fans.

Its pathetic for example there has probably been a time someone left Bristol Rovers to join Bristol City and I bet they would have been saying a few tasty things its football it happens as long as you don't go over the line by throwing coins/bottles, hitting the player or being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The way some of these players/pundits are going on you'd think its the first time a player has been goaded by the other teams fans.

Its pathetic for example there has probably been a time someone left Bristol Rovers to join Bristol City and I bet they would have been saying a few tasty things its football it happens as long as you don't go over the line by throwing coins/bottles, hitting the player or being racist.
    Yep, you know what Irks me. We are seen as respectful well behaved club and do the right things.. but has soon something appears to be a miss. Its like we are demonised.
    Like's been said, Milner gets dogs of abuse off City fans.And he did noting to deserve it. Not that I agree with abusing Sterling. But he acted like a complete shit in the way he left Liverpool.
    Leader of all..master of none..

I agree and lets be honest Beckham after 98 world cup got stick everywhere and he didnt get his mates to cry about it.

Gerrard was the same he didnt do anything wrong other than play for us.

Rooney didnt really do anything bad to us if honest but he took the stick in fairness as he knows the score.

Fellas surely you can see WHY...? Sterling is England's biggest hope PLUS and perhaps more importantly he is now one of the shining lights in the fight against racism in the sport. His work - in this cause for good - has been jumped on by the media - so he is de facto part of the campaign - it's very difficult for his reputation to be sullied without it making things very awkward for a campaign centred around decency.

This means that he is borderline untouchable. Come on guys you know how this stuff works right..? Rose's comments have been used to deflect attention away from Sterling and his behaviour. It's what happens when the Royal family are found to be using Caribbean TAX havens etc - or when a certain Prince gets embroiled in a sexual abuse scandal.. Deflect, obfuscate and at all costs - distract attention away..

Let's imagine we had lost at the Emptyhad and Milner had acted like Sterling had towards say Stones... And then at ST Georges the flare up occurred between the 2 with Milner putting Stones in a headlock for daring to say .."Hi'...

Does anyone think for one moment that Milner would have a voice from within the England camp going to the press with the notion that the booing at the Emptyhad was the root cause..? AND even IF he did have a supporting voice - do you believe BBC news would be plastering it on the front page?

EDIT: I notice the Beeb has very quickly removed the article from the home page... Now only the 4th article in Football.. hmm - somebody was very keen to get that one out there..

The bottom line is Sterling has behaved disgracefully and yet nobody in the media seems able to actually say the bleedin obvious.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th November 2019 at 05:06 PM.