Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boubakary Soumare

Boubakary Soumare

Apparently we're interested in this lad and a host of other Prem and European clubs are sniffing around. I don't usually do threads on players we're linked to, but I'm making an exception because I think he's exactly what we need long term and a better fit in several ways than all the other No8's and No6's I've been looking at and the club have been looking at.

He has the mandatory required excellent physical attributes, natural fitness and condition, in fact he perhaps even surpasses them, he's an absolutely power house of a lad. I always watch passages of play envisaging a player in our team and I believe he'd fit right in, I see shades of Hendo, Gini, Fabinho and even Keita in what he does and believe he could not only be top top quality, but that he could operate as a No6 or a No8 at LCM or RCM for us, I personally see him in the Gini role, he has the strength, the composure and the ability to hold onto the ball and move it in very tight areas, his passing is exceptional and he has over 90% pass completion so far this season and great vision for any player, but exceptional for a player of his age and a brilliant range of passing and vision that fits how we play and the runs our forwards make

He's one I do not think we should let anyone other club nick ahead of us, even if it means signing him this window, I've been looking at a lot of these players as we're all aware Gini, Hendo and Millie aren't getting any younger and we need a player in for the long term future to learn and develop from them and playing with them and this lad ticks every box for me, just watching passages of play, he'd fit right in to any of the 3 positions across our midfield and has the ferocious appetite, hunger and work rate we look for in a player.

Sign him up please Jurgen/Mr Edwards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Forget Fernandes, Buendia and Tonali, this one's our lad, I think he wants to stay where he is until the end of this season, but if he could be persuaded I'd take him now or get a deal done for him to arrive at the start of the summer window at the very least. He'll be an incredible asset. He's like the midfield version of Werner, he could comfortably play all three positions across the line and when you watch passages of play he's involved in, the player positions, the tackles, the passing, the dribbles and driving the ball forward, all of it, he just looks like he'd be an absolutely perfect fit
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd January 2020 at 11:04 AM.

Never heard of him but by your description he's sounds like Keita. 'Tackles, the passing, the dribbles and driving the ball forward'.......they were all Naby's strengths pre LFC.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Just chucked his name into twitter and all the Utd fans going crazy thinking they'll get him AND Fernandes (linked with Chelsea too), wouldn't be surprised to be honest, maybe they let Solskjaer roll the dice one last time.

Sky also saying Utd linked and he'll make a decision after Lille's next game....................January drama!
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Just chucked his name into twitter and all the Utd fans going crazy thinking they'll get him AND Fernandes (linked with Chelsea too), wouldn't be surprised to be honest, maybe they let Solskjaer roll the dice one last time.

Sky also saying Utd linked and he'll make a decision after Lille's next game....................January drama!
    Well UTD have more chance of spending £££££ (which they seem to have unlimited of)

In january compared to us

Soumare must have the footballing equivalent of the ability to suck a golf ball through a hosepipe if Nineteen has started glancing his way rather than Bruno Fernandes'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    Soumare must have the footballing equivalent of the ability to suck a golf ball through a hosepipe if Nineteen has started glancing his way rather than Bruno Fernandes'!!!
    Yes sign him up, immediately!

Enough of this 'looking to compete' just get the lad in, as I said, I really don't do starting threads like this unless it looks an incredible opportunity, I think I've done 2 in the last 3 years and they are this one and one about Timo Werner last season as both look like they are made for us. It would also be absolutely brilliant for us to go to France and come back with a top class addition for once

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7915739/Liverpool-join-race-coveted-Lille-talent-Boubakary-Soumare.html
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd January 2020 at 05:22 PM.

His agent's doing his job, drumming up as much interest as possible.

He looks like a bigger Keita to me, all the same attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    His agent's doing his job, drumming up as much interest as possible.

He looks like a bigger Keita to me, all the same attributes.
    He's more of a No6 or No8 I could see him performing either role for us, the No6 position needing more time playing, training with and learning from our current lads, his starting point most likely as a No8 at LCM to allow us to give Gini a rest, he generally plays No6 or No8 LCM for his current club, supports his full back incredibly well, reminds me of Hendo at RCM in that respect, but he's a lot more Gini, Hendo, Fabinho than Keita. Has brilliant switches of play and brilliant longer balls in his locker like Hendo, has similar box to box awesome natural fitness and that desire to bust a gut to get tackles in and help out his team mates as Hendo, has elements of Gini's immense strength and ability to shrug off opponents and hold on to the ball in very tight areas and burst forward leaving players in his wake from a deep position with the ball to initiate counters breaking opposition lines. He has a better switch than Gini who rarely plays the switch ball and even though his league isn't as competitive he does everything at speed, making very good quick decisions and using the ball quickly and the Pogba comparisons are laughable, this lad runs everywhere, he never stands still, he never plays a pass and watches or makes a tackle and watches it, he does either then he's immediately on the move, at speed