Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    No way should we go for Bruno Fernandes. 85 million apparently and unproven in this league. If Keita can show the promise that we signed him for and Oxlade gets back to his best. We are covered in the middle for now.
    By that rationale we shouldn't sign anyone unproven in this league.

No way should we go for Bruno Fernandes. 85 million apparently and unproven in this league. If Keita can show the promise that we signed him for and Oxlade gets back to his best. We are covered in the middle for now.
    Oh but he looks made for us... I would love love love it - if we got him.. Would be yet another string to our bow and a great way to flip games.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Why haven't we signed him before?? some people have questioned whether he could hack the premier league
    Leader of all..master of none..

Currently there is only one position we don't have good replacement, left back !

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think Justme is saying we don't need anymore central midfielders at that price and should stick with Naby. Jürgen seems to like him so why waste £85 million on a player who would be a bench warmer 😉

Why haven't we signed him before?? some people have questioned whether he could hack the premier league
    Why haven't we signed him before? What does that even mean. Because we signed other players maybe in positions which jurgen felt were more pressing. Maybe he dosent rate him. Whatever the reason, a player not being proven in the premier league is not a reason not to sign them.
    Allison wasnt proven in the premier or salah or firmino or fabinho or the vast majority of foreign players that people want to sign. Bernardo Silva for example came from Portugal and hasn't had any issues adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I think Justme is saying we don't need anymore central midfielders at that price and should stick with Naby. Jürgen seems to like him so why waste £85 million on a player who would be a bench warmer 😉
    If that's the reasoning thatsfsir enough. Just sounded like we shouldn't risk it with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Also tend to agree now at this stage. At the start I'd have loved a creative cm but we look to have everything ticking along lovely with players coming into for for the Christmas period too. If we get out over the 25th undefeated and still in cl with the squad relatively intact the we are laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Currently there is only one position we don't have good replacement, left back !
    Absolutely right. It’s the one position I can genuinely see us sorting out in January.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Jimmy Milner can do a job there. Filling the full back position back up place will always be hard. The right back is covered by Gomez a centre half and Milner a midfielder. Left back we only have Milner.
    Is there any youth players ?