Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 175760616263646566676869707172737477 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter transfer thread

Would people still take Isco?

27 years old, said to be available for £47m or so.

In a World where we could see Shaqiri for £25m or so it doesn't look like a bad idea.

Re Burnley, we keep getting linked with goalkeepers for some reason. Nick Pope would be a good acquisition though he'd obviously want first team football.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Re Burnley, we keep getting linked with goalkeepers for some reason. Nick Pope would be a good acquisition though he'd obviously want first team football.
    Maybe a 3rd choice?

Allison isn't going anywhere and Adrian is one of the best backups in the league

I don't see why we'd need someone that good when we have them 2

I reckon we have a chance of Werner in the summer, and Shaqiri leaving to roma.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th January 2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Linked with this lad, 100% yes, fucking sign him up, 20 years old and an absolutely perfect addition as another No8 and No6, a considerable cut above Fernandes, Buendia and Tonali

I'd do it this window even if it's for him to come in during the summer, get him in the bag, I've been looking at lot at these types of player, he'd be a great signing. I always try and picture a player in our team, do they play the kind of balls we thrive on, do they work fucking hard, do they tackle, do they have athleticism, power, strength, speed, agility, composure in tight areas, do they have any similarities to current players, I see shades of Hendo, Gini, Fabinho and Keita in this lad, I think he's the one, has great vision and awareness for a player of his age too, plays like a man. I picture him most in the Gini role, has a great left to right switch and the vision to go with it too
    You're getting as bad as the manu rumour mill bruno, tonali, this guy, who's tomorrows transfer target

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would people still take Isco?

27 years old, said to be available for £47m or so.

In a World where we could see Shaqiri for £25m or so it doesn't look like a bad idea.
    Wrong age imo

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You're getting as bad as the manu rumour mill bruno, tonali, this guy, who's tomorrows transfer target
    This lad's the number one target, shades of Gini, Hendo, Fabinho and a little bit of Naby all rolled into one, imagine all those qualities being honed and developed playing, training, learning and developing along with those players, together with his immense physical attributes and you've suddenly got another world class player on your hands who can play right across the line in your midfield and who's just 20 years old

I would like competition and cover for Robbo

Other than that my wishlist is Werner, Soumare and Konate as that's the spine of the team set up for another 10 years and they're all top top quality with the potential to be absolutely world class playing for Jurgen and with our current players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm 100% sure we won't sign anyone else for the first team in this window.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Only one I'm touting for this window is Soumare as it would be criminal for us to miss him in my opinion and he may go elsewhere this window if we don't. I wasn't aware of this lad, I've been looking and looking at players who could come in as long term successors and for rotation with Gini and Hendo and to prolong their careers with us for another 4 or 5 years and on that list were Tonali, Fernandes and Buendia, but I had reservations with all but Fernandes as I thought the other two would need quite a lot of work, but I saw him as more of an attacking No8 with a bit more bite rather than a Gini, Hendo, Fabinho type, but once I was aware of this lad, he seemed the perfect fit and the player I had been looking for

The others are players I hope we sign in the summer to replace outgoing players, although I still think competition and cover for Robbo needs doing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    This. Even if Mané has a serious injury, I think Klopp is happy with the squad.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We won't be the side to target this, but apparently 16 of 23 players at Burnley are now in the last 18 months of their contracts.

You would imagine a couple of their players could be targeted by other sides.

Burnley themselves could do with sorting that situation out sharpish.
    How?!? HOW?!

That's some absurd levels of incompetence.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non