Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter transfer thread

There are loads of things you can do to improve, one thing almost all our regular game getters when fit have is the art of disguise, receiving the ball on either foot, body shape, giving the appearance to be set to go one way and being able to draw pressers or defenders in as they receive the ball only to go the other way and be gone in the blink of an eye and it's all down to body shape, being able to receive the ball on either foot, where their touch puts the ball enabling them to do different things, that might be to touch it so it's placed between both feet so they can quickly go either way, it might be their first touch when their body shape would suggest they'll go left to be to put the ball straight back onto their right foot and get half a yard that way, be shaped to go right, left it run past your right foot, control with the instep of your left then be away using the outstep of your left, loads and loads of really subtle clever touches and body shape that these other players need to develop

It's not difficult either if you practice it, but it only comes from practice, you can't practice that in a game, you can use it or try it in games IF you've practiced it and they're skills you can practice alone. You can develop those skills playing walley, belting the ball so it comes back at you at real pace, controlling it with instep and outstep of either foot, practicing making your body shape present as though you're set to go on way as it comes back to you and taking it the other, practice and practice and practice and practice it until it becomes completely natural and you can do any number of things and so that your intentions as you're receiving the ball are not only almost impossible to read but are frequently deceiving
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

@19 I dont think any of the lads are depressed or would become so if we added Mbappe. The line was given as when I put people in a b-team I think some people think that means they are out of regular first team football or something like that, also it seems that adding star quality seems to be suggested as a threat of sorts which I also disagree with. Going gets tough yada yada

We've won the champions league and on probabilities or bookies odds likely to enter the summer as PL champions.

I can't see any other reaction to adding Mbappe than a little snigger or a splurt, joy and excitement.

I cant see any of our front 3 handling in transfer requests either.

Klopps taken a lot of players and brought success to their careers.
    Gini - relegated and a cl winner as too the rest
    Hendo - heralded under Klopp
    Lovren - resuscitated
    TAA - a dream start to his career
    Robbo - relegated now worlds best
    Mane - could have joined united bar Klopps interest, perish the thought afcon poty
    Salah - return to the pl and proved a point - redemption, an icon in Egypt & the wider muslim world, lfc and global star.
    Bobby - finally in the brazil side and taken from hoffenheim to liverpool
    Origi - supported and assisted well by Klopp a lfc legend with some all time great goals v the bitters and cl legend
    Shaq - again the cl semifinal legend from relegated stoke. I too could see him leave in the near future.
    Etc etc

Top club legends, careers raised, talents improved, a medal 3 to be precise in their pockets and the manager is dead sound.
    If they do go on to win the title their legend status will explode and all eyes will be on more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    @19 I dont think any of the lads are depressed or would become so if we added Mbappe. The line was given as when I put people in a b-team I think some people think that means they are out of regular first team football or something like that, also it seems that adding star quality seems to be suggested as a threat of sorts which I also disagree with. Going gets tough yada yada

We've won the champions league and on probabilities or bookies odds likely to enter the summer as PL champions.

I can't see any other reaction to adding Mbappe than a little snigger or a splurt, joy and excitement.

I cant see any of our front 3 handling in transfer requests either.

Klopps taken a lot of players and brought success to their careers.
    Gini - relegated and a cl winner as too the rest
    Hendo - heralded under Klopp
    Lovren - resuscitated
    TAA - a dream start to his career
    Robbo - relegated now worlds best
    Mane - could have joined united bar Klopps interest, perish the thought afcon poty
    Salah - return to the pl and proved a point - redemption, an icon in Egypt & the wider muslim world, lfc and global star.
    Bobby - finally in the brazil side and taken from hoffenheim to liverpool
    Origi - supported and assisted well by Klopp a lfc legend with some all time great goals v the bitters and cl legend
    Shaq - again the cl semifinal legend from relegated stoke. I too could see him leave in the near future.
    Etc etc

Top club legends, careers raised, talents improved, a medal 3 to be precise in their pockets and the manager is dead sound.
    If they do go on to win the title their legend status will explode and all eyes will be on more of the same.
    Jurgen has played a part in their development, through his use of them, system and environment, they have to do most of it themselves and rise to every challenge, learn from each other and have the necessary mentality and absolutely burning desire for and belief in continual personal and team development though. Look at Robbo and his career path, he was given that opportunity and did what he has always done, worked his bollocks off to continue learning and developing to try and be the best player he could possibly be, constantly raising the bar of what he thought that was and always looking to raise it further
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th January 2020 at 10:14 PM.

@cc not to mention paying top $ for Alisson and VVD and making sure that they have truly turned into a world class player.

Has Maguire actually improved
    Maybe Manu look a bit better defensively; but are we thinking wow Maguire what a world class performance.

NOPE

Let's play fantasy football
    The year 2023 - 24

Alisson

TAA GOMEZ VVD ROBERTSON

.....JONES FABINHO KEITA

MBAPPE HAVERTZ ORIGI

SUBS

ELLIOT
    MINAMINO
    BREWSTER
    HOEVER
    OXLADE

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The year 2023 - 24

Alisson

TAA GOMEZ VVD ROBERTSON

.....JONES FABINHO KEITA

MBAPPE HAVERTZ ORIGI

SUBS

ELLIOT
    MINAMINO
    BREWSTER
    HOEVER
    OXLADE
    Milner's 33 and still here going strong, don't see why in four years time we'll have changed so many players, many of those you've moved on will still be younger than Millie, they'll be 31 going on 32, the same age as Aguero is now, also Havertz was playing RCM every time I watched him in the Bundesliga last season, not sure why he's suddenly become the long term Bobby replacement, he's nothing like him and doesn't have his skills set, unless he's made the quantum leap Origi needs to this season

Also, unless he makes a quantum leap in evolving and developing his game Origi will never be a first team regular starter, he's got the mental side down, but the rest still leaves a lot to be desired, he's been here since Jurgen arrived too and is the least evolved player technically of all those who were here when Jurgen arrived

I see Buendia coming in as an 8, possibly Chukwueze as an option for LFWD and RFWD, a new CB as an upgrade on Lovren possibly Konate or Diego Carlos either of whom could go on to be better than both Gomez and Matip even though both are excellent, Konate I've seen a lot of very VERY fucking good CB, possibly like having another Van Dijk at RCB given a season or two alongside him, already defends like a Liverpool player. Jones needs to develop into a man for the No8 role, our lads who play there need to have power and strength as well as skill.

The others, it's pretty much see how they develop, see how hard they work to develop and evolve as players. Brewster has a lot of developing to do and a lot of hard work to do, seems like he thought he'd already arrived being involved with the Champions League and getting a winners medal and has regressed somewhat, needs to learn if you want to be a top top players you have to work your bollocks off to achieve that and NEVER stop working, nothing is given or handed to you in this life, you want it, you have to work hard for it, you want to keep what you've got, you have to keep working for it, because there are going to be lots of people who want to have what you have.

Being a top class footballer in any position isn't disimilar to being a world champion boxer in many respects, you have to maintain your hunger and desire to get to be the world's very best, once you're there you have to maintain that and if anything work even harder because there are always guys coming through, studying you, analysing you, how to beat you, how to become better than you and if you think you've arrived when you land your first title and rest on your laurels, you're going to get your fucking arse handed to you

We had that problem with A LOT of signings over too many years, once they arrived at Liverpool they thought they'd made it, when that was when the hardest work of their entire career should have started and we had others who didn't have the mental strength to play for a top team, as talented as they were
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th January 2020 at 03:49 AM.

Mbappes contract expires in June 2022. Let's just wait and sign him for free ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The year 2023 - 24

Alisson

TAA GOMEZ VVD ROBERTSON

.....JONES FABINHO KEITA

MBAPPE HAVERTZ ORIGI
    Don't see that, I think if you look at the squad

Allisson, Adrian and we're strongly linked with the young Turkish keeper as long term No2 to Allisson

Trent, Williams (Gomez can also play at RB) so looking well covered long term

Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, I think Lovren will likely be moved on in the summer for a younger upgrade with the believed potential to reach Virgil's heights

Robbo, Milner, Larouci, don't think Larouci's 'at the level' or approaching it yet, he might be one to come through later, could do with another LB in the mould of Robbo

No6's Henderson, Fabinho, we have Chirivella coming through and Grujic on loan and are linked with the young Italian lad

No8's Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Jones (although not really physically equipped yet) - More attacking No8's Keita, Oxlade, Jones - Buendia and Fernandes are both players who I think could do both roles and we'll likely add one in the summer with Lallana and Shaq moving on

LFWD Salah, Minamino, Origi, Elliot

FWD Bobby, Minamino, Origi, Oxlade

RFWD Mane, Origi, Minamino, Oxlade

Rumoured to be adding MBappe and possibly Chukwueze

Pretty sure Jurgen likes to keep the kind of depth of squad he currently has, I think 3 are likely to move on in the summer and we'll maybe bring in four, a No8, a CB, a forward and a LB, only one more player in terms of squad size and probably only because as great a job as Millie does at LB, it inhibits our play with him always checking onto his right foot and not having Robbo's pace and I figure Jurgen will want to address that, otherwise players coming in will be replacing the 3 many anticipate will leave for the positions they were bought and all four will be upgrades on those players Edit: 5 if you include the young keeper we're constantly linked with my guess/hope would be LB Clark or the Norwich lad, No8 Havertz/Buendia, CB Konate or Diego Carlos, FWD MBappe

My question is, for FFP do we have to do one or a couple of those deals this window?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th January 2020 at 04:53 AM.

Also got to look and ask yourself, is Minamino Shaq's replacement brought in early? In which case a No8 for Lallana, a CB for Lovren and a LB and if the MBappe fantasy prevails, an extra forward. We might not even bring in a No8 I've considered that Jurgen thinks Minamino could be used across the front 3 or as one of the more attacking No8's, I personally think we need a true No8 in the Hendo/Gini mould bringing in as that'd give us four including Millie and we'd have 3 to 4 more attacking No8's in Keita, Oxlade, Jones and Minamino

Booom where were all these next Bobby types last April/May when I was scouting this lad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, looking increasingly like he's Dortmund bound and our interest has cooled despite the €25m buy out clause for an oustanding talent, but Brandt was sensational in Leverkusen's 6-1 drubbing of Chelsea's Europa league semi final opponents Frankfurt today.

A 9/10 performance in which he notched up 2 goals and 3 assists. Brandt started at LCM and made the play superbly throughout, it's very apparent he used to play further forward and is equally comfortable playing as a 10. Very suited to our style of play, particularly next season in games we start with an out and out CF, a common theme to his play was to initiate the play from LCM before quickly moving into the 10 position to receive it again and continue making the play with great variation and accuracy from there, very consistently picking the right passes. Reservations would be whilst he's no slouch he'd ideally be a little quicker for the Premier league and he'd have to do more pressing and cover more ground, he did do both those things very well, so it wouldn't be a big adjustment.

Kai Havertz his young team mate, just 17 or 18 i think is definitely a player to keep an eye on, he helped make the play from RCM also got forward from there to intelligent positions wide right, inside right and 10, scored also.