Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 70 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter transfer thread

Winter transfer thread

Let the games begin!

I'll get us started - apparently Kai Havertz is in discussions with seven (7, VII, 111) top clubs!!! This is what his agent reportedly told Bild - a German tabloid-ish paper-ish. The clubs are meant to be Bayern, Barca, Real, LFC, Man City, Man United and Chelsea.

Him I could see us signing. German, young, won't have the world on his shoulders if he comes. He's very highly rated in his homeland.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Let the games begin!

I'll get us started - apparently Kai Havertz is in discussions with seven (7, VII, 111) top clubs!!! This is what his agent reportedly told Bild - a German tabloid-ish paper-ish. The clubs are meant to be Bayern, Barca, Real, LFC, Man City, Man United and Chelsea.

Him I could see us signing. German, young, won't have the world on his shoulders if he comes. He's very highly rated in his homeland.
    Got a feeling that this will be a very boring thread unless we're ok with talking about fantasy scenarios.....lol

Then again I'm normally wrong...

I was thinking of it as a more general thread, not just LFC centred.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

we could do with another attacker.We have been fairly lucky so far with injuries to our forwards. If we get a couple of injuries in the new year.. we may have issues.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Did Chelsea get their ban lifted?, thought it was nailed on after City only got a fine.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

We'll sign

NO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN EEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Got a feeling that this will be a very boring thread unless we're ok with talking about fantasy scenarios.....lol

Then again I'm normally wrong...
    How about Mbappe for £400m + £1 and a camel.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I''ll get us started - apparently Kai Havertz is in discussions with seven (7, VII, 111) top clubs!!!

He's going to cost £110m or something daft.

Would be very pleasantly surprised if we went for him just now.

Havertz, Werner and Sancho are definitely three I look at and think "yes please" of course.

Ajax and Salzburg have some good talent.

I suspect purchases will be reasonably financially prudent. People are quick to point at FSG and say "they haven't spent enough" but when you look at their whole concept/model of data-driven analysis and finding value where others don't, it's easy to understand why - rather than folks bemoaning the (relative) lack of NET spend, they should rejoice that we have a side that nearly lifted the 2 biggest trophies last season and could do something similar this season (please let's get past Salzburg!) without ruining our wage structure/creating an unhappy dressing room/having primadonnas in the squad and so on.

But we shall see! There are still well-paid players on the books we don't "reeeallly" need in terms of the minutes/value that could "free up" room when it comes to wages/contribution towards a transfer fee. Lallana for one, Shaqiri doesn't get much game time either - players of this ilk can be sold/contracts not renewed to help re-invest in the....we'll call it the "first 17" rather than first 11.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    How about Mbappe for £400m + £1 and a camel.

That’s a lot of money there dicko... and also a bit harsh on Joel Matip - if he saw this he’d definitively get the hump.

It's a bit worrying some players look exhausted already, I'd love a couple of players in but we all know it probably won't happen, hopefully the lack of depth won't cost us, but that's the main problem right now.