Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The difference between us and arsenal or the cause for optimism is that since Klopp arrived we've been excellent in the transfer market.
    And on the training ground.. A factor so often overlooked yet forms the backbone of everything IMO.

Arsenal will be like United, keep changing managers until they get it right. All the stick they give to Wenger in his last few years, they should be careful what they wish for.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

I think Wenger is the reason they are in this mess in the first place. He stayed on to long.He gave long term contracts to the likes of Ozil. They became very stale and its taking along time to over come.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And on the training ground.. A factor so often overlooked yet forms the backbone of everything IMO.
    100%

No good finding diamonds if you've got no-one to polish them.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

In terms of this Winter period, I would be surprised if we see anyone coming in really.

Certainly I don't see us getting any "squad" players in terms of bolstering numbers. We will have 4 centre-backs when Mario comes back (Wijnaldum even played there once!) then Milner can cover for either full-back, Gomez can cover right-back (much as I don't love it).

"Cover" is more about bodies for us as the first XI is so good. If Lallana, arguably one of the weakest links in the squad (what a thing to say of someone who has scored in a Europa League semi-final) comes in for a match in a position in the "front 6" then you fancy one of the other 5 to compensate even if he doesn't put a stellar game in - "good enough" might actually just be good enough present, especially if we keep improving the "critical non-essentials" such as press timing, offside traps and so on - there's Van Dijk improving our attacking threat from corners and we have a throw-in coach for crying out loud!

Get through December and January and the rest will sort itself out. I hope that if we do make any purchases, it's for the first XI and finding such players won't be easy now with team cohesion being so good.

I agree Sid I dont see us bringing anyone in unless we have a severe injury crisis.

I'd like Werner but no chance will they sell him to anyone in Jan in the CL last 16 plus going for the title.

An outside bet would be Berge from Genk but if he joined it would be in the summer he will want to play regular games especially if Norway make Euro 2020.

Klopp has said "There's nothing to say" about Sancho.

#donedeal
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree Sid I dont see us bringing anyone in unless we have a severe injury crisis.

I'd like Werner but no chance will they sell him to anyone in Jan in the CL last 16 plus going for the title.

An outside bet would be Berge from Genk but if he joined it would be in the summer he will want to play regular games especially if Norway make Euro 2020.
    Thought Berge played pretty well in our 2 games. He reminds me of a stockier version of Lucas.

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Bruno Fernandes
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”