Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 241

Thread: Weekend’s Other Games 30/11

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,112
    Observation about City. Playing KDB and D.Silva in midfield together is suicidal. They not great defensively or workhorses. The open nature of their play means they need to balance it out somewhere defensively maybe play a 4-2-3-1 with Rodri and Fernandinho.

    People often criticize Gini and Hendo for lack of goals, creativity or going missing. But if you concentrate on their off the ball work, their defensive boys, pressing and reading of the game you will see that our midfield setup is as important as our go forward. Without workhorses like them Trent and Robbo can't bomb forward.

    Football is about balance and City and Pep are starting to be caught out severely. Tactic against them is pace. 3 passes and you in on goal. He really needs to reinvent himself or else his time in England may be up. He has lost the fear factor. Every one knows they are beatable.

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,146
    Interesting insight.

    Also for me:

    [[[D Silva ages - in - City lose that ability to open teams up at will shocker.]]]

    KDB ( I prefer Bacon face credit 19x ) is like a Rolls Royce. People wax lyrical about him - but put him on the race track and he gets left for dust.. superb quality but a little ponderous and too methodical at key times. Silva in his prime was City in their Prime. Kompany also a huge loss.

    They have been unlucky with injuries this season though - but it seems for them to create they need to attack with 8’or 9 players - no wonder they are exposed. David Silva used to slalom through teams like a knife through butter - they don’t have that now.

    Just one observation I have to add.

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    City of Self Doubt
    Posts
    14,776
    The slalom bit is a good observation. You don't often get that from a relatively slow, physically unimposing player.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  4. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,696
    It makes all the difference when you set out to spread the game against Man-city.. teams often sit deep and then do nothing.
    so Man-city basically just dominate the ball and possession.
    Its no coincidence LFC Tottenham Man-united have the quality to cause them issues..Thats why they struggle in the champions league. Against us and Tottenham.All systems have issues even the mighty pep formations.. Plus when Augero goes they will need to find someone of his quality around the box..
    Leader of all..master of none..

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,091
    Still people think pep is better than klopp. Given 1 billion, I can be pep

  6. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Still people think pep is better than klopp. Given 1 billion, I can be pep
    Going on trophies won, he IS better.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

  7. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Observation about City. Playing KDB and D.Silva in midfield together is suicidal. They not great defensively or workhorses. The open nature of their play means they need to balance it out somewhere defensively maybe play a 4-2-3-1 with Rodri and Fernandinho.

    People often criticize Gini and Hendo for lack of goals, creativity or going missing. But if you concentrate on their off the ball work, their defensive boys, pressing and reading of the game you will see that our midfield setup is as important as our go forward. Without workhorses like them Trent and Robbo can't bomb forward.

    Football is about balance and City and Pep are starting to be caught out severely. Tactic against them is pace. 3 passes and you in on goal. He really needs to reinvent himself or else his time in England may be up. He has lost the fear factor. Every one knows they are beatable.
    Absolutely, people moan about us having no creativity in midfield where's it's obvious that you won't get anywhere without graft.

  8. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,091
    Mind all, They r champions several times by this attacking midfielders line up by the way.

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Mind all, They r champions several times by this attacking midfielders line up by the way.
    Yep, that Fernandinho is a lovely attacking midfielder.

  10. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,768
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Plus when Augero goes they will need to find someone of his quality around the box..
    Expect bank-breaking attempts for Neymar or Mbappe
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Similar Threads

  1. The weekend's other games (25/10/19)
    By RedNoodle in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 29th October 2019, 11:30 PM
  2. This weekend's other games 19-20/10/19
    By redebreck in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 21st October 2019, 11:22 PM
  3. The weekend's other games (10/8/19)
    By RedNoodle in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 14th August 2019, 12:07 AM
  4. The weekend's other games
    By redebreck in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 17th March 2019, 11:18 PM
  5. The latest Footie5 results from this weekend's games
    By Liverpool Echo in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th March 2019, 12:40 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •