Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

Your team v Everton

....................Adrian

Trent.....Lovren.....Van Dijk....Robertson

......................Henderson

...............Wijnaldum..... Milner

....Salah..........Origi.......Mane

Have gone quite physical with this one and have given a break to Firmino so he can potentially come on from the bench to join Keita or Ox or something.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Adrian
    Alexander-Arnold
    Lovren
    Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum
    Salah
    Firmino
    Mane

Kelleher Gomez Milner Keita
    Lallana Shaqiri Origi
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Adrian
    TAA Lovren VVD Robbo
    Hendo Gini
    Salah Oxo Mane
    Firmino

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Keita, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi.

Be tempted to start Origi at CF. Oxo though has been in good goalscoring form.

Adrian
    TAA Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
    Henderson Wijnaldum Milner
    Salah Origi Manč

I'd like to play Ox but I think his minutes need to be managed carefully. I think Firmino needs a rest

Adrian
    TAA Lovren Van Dijk Milner
    Ox Hendo Keita
    Salah Origi Manč

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    ....................Adrian

Trent.....Lovren.....Van Dijk....Robertson

......................Henderson

...............Wijnaldum..... Milner

....Salah..........Origi.......Mane

Have gone quite physical with this one and have given a break to Firmino so he can potentially come on from the bench to join Keita or Ox or something.
    This. Playing with Everton is like a boxing match rather than football match, Origi, Milner and Henderson must start.

That midfield three is so lacking in creativity, guile and potency it's almost laughable. Yes they work hard, but with those three, unless they have one of their rare attacking displays/forays we'd better hope at least one of our front three is 'on it' as VVD can't come up with a brace of goals every game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    That midfield three is so lacking in creativity, guile and potency it's almost laughable. Yes they work hard, but with those three, unless they have one of their rare attacking displays/forays we'd better hope at least one of our front three is 'on it' as VVD can't come up with a brace of goals every game.
    Like we have for the last 30 odd league games? Where we've have dropped 2pts. Where we've lost one league game in the last 52? Where we've won a European Cup?

The system is working. This isn't just a run of 5 or 6 games where a defeat or a draw will bring the curtain down on everything. We've been doing this for over 2 years now.

The trick for Jurgen is keeping the everyone (especially the midfield fresh). Wijnaldum, Robbo, Mane and Bobby looked done in.

He's going to have to start rotating a bit more sooner or later.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Fucking 8.15 kickoff. What's that all about? It'll be time to get up for work by the time I get home.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Like we have for the last 30 odd league games? Where we've have dropped 2pts. Where we've lost one league game in the last 52? Where we've won a European Cup?

The system is working. This isn't just a run of 5 or 6 games where a defeat or a draw will bring the curtain down on everything. We've been doing this for over 2 years now.

The trick for Jurgen is keeping the everyone (especially the midfield fresh). Wijnaldum, Robbo, Mane and Bobby looked done in.

He's going to have to start rotating a bit more sooner or later.
    We're getting the job done, but don't kid yourself into thinking that we're 'ticking games off with ease', because we're not, hence why increasing numbers of us are making jokes about "not another 2-1" and "my heart can't take it".

I'd rather we didn't keep relying on a small number of key players for our goals and creativity, especially as neither of those areas are well stocked, whilst the one area that is well stocked is sorely lacking in all those things I mentioned. We saw what happened to our 'potency' when TAA didn't play, and as you pointed out a number of our 'goal threat' look "done in" though I'd say it's Bobby and Mo, not Mane.

Whilst the above is the case we could well need to keep relying on keeping going for 90+ minutes and grinding out results, but that could well become a lot more difficult this month, never mind if we pick up another injury or two. As I've said for many years, I'd like it if we could share the burden/workload around a bit more. If our front three can press I think it's only fair that the midfield add a bit more in attack, even if that's not high up on Klopp's priorities for them.