Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Third round FA cup draw

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Commercially far more important. Do you mean it's the chance to sell a few extra shirts. If you want to win it more than you do the league cup, that's up to you.
    Erm... yes? A few more shirts, a few more millions of pounds from prize money and another trophy added to the cabinet - one we've never won before and we'll only have the chance to win another handful of times before everyone on this forum is long dead.

This is the reason why I prefer it to the league cup, I'd like to know why you have the opposite opinion.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Erm... yes? A few more shirts, a few more millions of pounds from prize money and another trophy added to the cabinet - one we've never won before and we'll only have the chance to win another handful of times before everyone on this forum is long dead.

This is the reason why I prefer it to the league cup, I'd like to know why you have the opposite opinion.
    We have won the league more than we have won the champions league, it doesn't mean I prefer to win the champions league to catch up to the titles total. At the end of the day the league cup is also another trophy in the cabinet, and one that we don't need to travel halfway round the world for. Beat villa with a strong team then it's the semis where I fancy beating anyone over two legs. No, we haven't beaten villa yet, but we haven't become world club champions either yet. i'm only interested in what happens on the pitch, not how many shirts the club can sell, that's down to the business men.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Its sad we are being forced to bin one of the trophies off and the club have decided it is the league cup $$$$$$.

Skyebo will want the league cup as its a traditional trophy in this country and people 30 or under probably dont care as the media talk it down etc.

We all want to win everything we can but I want the title more than anything (sport related !)

Lets try and win both? you never know our 3rd 11 may tank the Villa. But one thing I am hoping for is that Man-city and Leicester draw each other in the semis if they both get through.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Its sad we are being forced to bin one of the trophies off and the club have decided it is the league cup $$$$$$.

Skyebo will want the league cup as its a traditional trophy in this country and people 30 or under probably dont care as the media talk it down etc.

We all want to win everything we can but I want the title more than anything (sport related !)
    So do i.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

We have won the league more than we have won the champions league, it doesn't mean I prefer to win the champions league to catch up to the titles total. At the end of the day the league cup is also another trophy in the cabinet, and one that we don't need to travel halfway round the world for. Beat villa with a strong team then it's the semis where I fancy beating anyone over two legs. No, we haven't beaten villa yet, but we haven't become world club champions either yet. i'm only interested in what happens on the pitch, not how many shirts the club can sell, that's down to the business men.
    I see your point, but even by your standards the LC needs another four games to be won. The CWC only takes two. And it's more prestigious internationally.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Commercially far more important. Do you mean it's the chance to sell a few extra shirts. If you want to win it more than you do the league cup, that's up to you.
    Yep I think the club would sell more Club World Cup winning tops and merchandise than the same for the League cup sadly. Global audience and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I see your point, but even by your standards the LC needs another four games to be won. The CWC only takes two. And it's more prestigious internationally.
    Fair enough Bali.

Hey, remember that two legged semi vs City under Kenny? God I loved those games.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non