Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's been great. A more advanced role is what he was bought for and he's showing it.
    He has improved and has now got that most important formula of all - confidence. Makes a world of difference. IMO he has gone from a squad player to being integral to our strongest side ( never thought I would say that ) AND from what was a very underwhelming captain to one who leads by example.. He has finally emerged from the shadow of Gerrard.

Yet again - this could be put down to Klopp and his management - however I believe even on this score - Hendo must take the credit.. Didn’t he tell Jurgen to play him differently..? If so it speaks volumes for the quality of both men.
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th December 2019 at 10:33 AM.

He did say that Steveo. I think he wasn't at his best as a DM - in 13/14 he was Gerrard's legs and the experience from that campaign + the time he spent at DM are helping him become Trent's defender until the young man shifts position or learns a thing or two from Andy.

I really like how our captain is being used at present.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I hope anyone who says Henderson can't pass a ball was watching the last two matches. He's played 3 or 4 absolute peaches for our forwards.

He's certainly more than just a crab.
    Horrenderson

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Yes he has 1 goal 2 assists so far, Keita has 1 goal and 1 assist, they are definitely better than KDB of man city because we r Liverpool
    And Jonjo?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    And Jonjo?
    Shelvery.

Might be putting up the Shelves BUT - he just scored his 3rd goal in 3 games - seems to be going through a purple patch.....

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I hope anyone who says Henderson can't pass a ball was watching the last two matches. He's played 3 or 4 absolute peaches for our forwards.

He's certainly more than just a crab.
    Entirely agree, fantastic player and captain
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lovren should play c midfielder too, his pass to origin is the best long pass so far

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He has improved and has now got that most important formula of all - confidence. Makes a world of difference. IMO he has gone from a squad player to being integral to our strongest side ( never thought I would say that ) AND from what was a very underwhelming captain to one who leads by example.. He has finally emerged from the shadow of Gerrard.

Yet again - this could be put down to Klopp and his management - however I believe even on this score - Hendo must take the credit.. Didn’t he tell Jurgen to play him differently..? If so it speaks volumes for the quality of both men.
    I really don't understand how people cant see that every single manager picks him........and they pick him because he carries out theirinstructions to the letter......In his previous role under Klopp when he was getting the most stick Klopp kept him as captain and constantly picked him..must have been doing something right at that stage..............now Klopp has found him a different role and he excells at that.....Maybe we donn't know as much as we think we do

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I really don't understand how people cant see that every single manager picks him........and they pick him because he carries out theirinstructions to the letter......In his previous role under Klopp when he was getting the most stick Klopp kept him as captain and constantly picked him..must have been doing something right at that stage..............now Klopp has found him a different role and he excells at that.....Maybe we donn't know as much as we think we do
    He's underrated by our fans as he's not a 'sexy' enough player.