Bring back Coutinho hahaha

I think other teams are working out to block us

Taa robbo wide/ block
    Long ball in channels/ block
    Front 3 struggling
    Mid 3 getting out run out thought
    Back 4 looking vulnerable

I think Jurgen and his mates need a rethink and slightly different approach
    The not scoring only started when we changed the midfield, since Fabinho returned to No6 we've failed to score in 3 out of the 5 games, we're missing Hendo's distribution and creativity from No6 too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I understand
    We had a settled team

Back 5 (Gomez)
    Mid 3
    Ox/millie Hendo Gini
    Front 3

Since then only Hendo out has changed

His drive and determination
    Also if Hendo out Milner is there to also do that.

Both out we look lacking leaders
    Surprisingly VVD doesn't seem so much of a captain marvel

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    What is worrying is we arent scoring

Soon the itk will be saying our midfield isnt creating

Bring back Coutinho hahaha

I think other teams are working out to block us

Taa robbo wide/ block
    Long ball in channels/ block
    Front 3 struggling
    Mid 3 getting out run out thought
    Back 4 looking vulnerable

I think Jurgen and his mates need a rethink and slightly different approach
    The midfield is rarely creative especially if Hendo isnt there, its zero without him. The creativity comes from the full backs most of the time. Robbo looks jaded as does Trent at times.
    Thos is our wobble. It was going to happen. It's just has to be a little one.
    Win against Bournemouth and we'll feel differently about the Atletico game but at the moment it's not a feeling of confidence. If we go through though it's a different ball game altogether. Gives everyone a boost, get the remaining wins needed for our first PL title which at this point now is feeling like a chore to get it over the line.
    It absolutely 100 god damn percent will not feel like that when the whistle goes in the game that wins it.
    We'll all be in dreamland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Nail on the head Dicko, nail on the head, that's why we need Soumare in the summer, we need another Hendo type, desperately, too many attacking No8's in our ranks, we don't need a Grealish or Cantwell, it's the last thing we fucking need, a Fabian Ruiz who can play as an attacking or holding No8 or a RFWD, yes we need that too
    We need a creative midfielder or a lock picking player, we have not replaced Coutinho's creativity and it needs to come back in some form.
    We need to add a different aspect to our game as it feels like we've gone a bit stale I think.
    In my opinion Grealish fits that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The midfield is rarely creative especially if Hendo isnt there, its zero without him. The creativity comes from the full backs most of the time. Robbo looks jaded as does Trent at times.
    Thos is our wobble. It was going to happen. It's just has to be a little one.
    Win against Bournemouth and we'll feel differently about the Atletico game but at the moment it's not a feeling of confidence. If we go through though it's a different ball game altogether. Gives everyone a boost, get the remaining wins needed for our first PL title which at this point now is feeling like a chore to get it over the line.
    It absolutely 100 god damn percent will not feel like that when the whistle goes in the game that wins it.
    We'll all be in dreamland.
    Gini 3 goals 0 assists
    Fabinho 1 goal 1 assist
    Keita 2 goals 1 assists (vastly less appearances 1 goal 1 assist in the Prem in 9 appearances 1 goal in Champions League in 4 1 goal and 1 assist in the CWC I think too)
    Oxlade 6 goals 0 assists (3 League 3 Champions league
    Hendo 3 goals 5 assists (2 goals and 4 assists coming in 13 games at No6)

Gini 3 goals 0 assists
    Fabinho 1 goal 1 assist
    Keita 2 goals 1 assists (vastly less appearances 1 goal 1 assist in the Prem in 9 appearances 1 goal in Champions League in 4 1 goal and 1 assist in the CWC I think too)
    Oxlade 6 goals 0 assists (3 League 3 Champions league
    Hendo 3 goals 5 assists (2 goals and 4 assists coming in 13 games at No6)
    Not a vast amount to be fair. Ox scored 2 in one game against Genk also. 8 goals between him and Keita is a poor return
    My point is as a unit our midfield doesn't create many chances for the forwards. We dont have a creative element to it, it's a good midfield but it lacks cutting edge in terms of chances made. They should do more when you consider the amount of possession we have.

We need a creative midfielder or a lock picking player, we have not replaced Coutinho's creativity and it needs to come back in some form.
    We need to add a different aspect to our game as it feels like we've gone a bit stale I think.
    In my opinion Grealish fits that bill.
    I think we need another box to box midfielder - Soumare
    I think Fabian Ruiz fits the bill for the greater creativity far better than Grealish and would probably cost the same, maybe a bit less - He's an absolute shoe in for our LCM spot and as a natural left footer what he'll add will be incredible, that he is also a cracking player at RFWD would mean that together with Werner, our front 3 is sorted when Mane and Mo are away at AFCON

I don't just randomly pick x or y rated player from anywhere, I see the links, I watch them in full games, I imagine them playing in our set up and how they'd fit in, look for similarities to existing players in some aspects of what they do, I watch them in full games to look at pressing, counter pressing, tackles, recoveries, all the things data analysis looks at and all the things our players do well.

With any midfielder, because our switching the ball is very important and doing it very quickly when the player is in space or moving up into it is vital I really specifically look to see if they have that ball and others in their repertoire and if they are the quality they need to be and both Soumare and Fabian Ruiz have them in abundance along with many other hugely desirable qualities, they both have the balls our full backs and forwards thrive off that only Hendo of our current midfield has, so for me, they are both exactly what we need

Edit: I also take into account players playing their natural game as Jurgen seems to put great stock in this, you don't know if it is their natural game however or if how they play is on instruction from their manager and coaches, but if they are playing like that for a couple of seasons, it becomes their natural way of playing, so I'm looking at that too and they both fit on that account also

When I watch Grealish, he doesn't look like he fits in to what we do at all, rarely plays switches, when he does they're in the air way too long so their intended target has a player on top of them by the time the ball arrives at them and he doesn't strike them as he should to make them easily controlled, none of what he does appears to fit our patterns so his natural games doesn't fit for me
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 4th March 2020 at 06:05 AM.

Not a vast amount to be fair. Ox scored 2 in one game against Genk also. 8 goals between him and Keita is a poor return
    My point is as a unit our midfield doesn't create many chances for the forwards. We dont have a creative element to it, it's a good midfield but it lacks cutting edge in terms of chances made. They should do more when you consider the amount of possession we have.
    Hendo's the only creative one, he has numerous passes before the assist where he's released a player to make the assist and another 6 big chances created at just 13 games at No6 the player he put in really should have fucking scored

If you look at his 13 games at No6 he had 2 goals and 4 assists, should have scored another 2 (De Gea brilliantly denied him one) had another 6 our forwards should have buried missed and played at least 8 balls before the assist. Meaning he was in some part heavily involved in almost every goal we scored when he was playing there, that is incredible in just 13 games there.

Think about this, but for the glorious chances missed and the missed opportunities or ones saved from Hendo himself he could very easily have a record of P13 Goals 4 Assists 10 at No6 along with his 8 passes before the assist

Trent only has 4 assists from open play this season I think shows how hard teams have been working on stopping our full backs and why we need to bring those 2 midfielders in during the summer and get Matip back in at RCB so he can convert more corners and help Virgil convert more

Hendo's the only creative one, he has numerous passes before the assist where he's released a player to make the assist and another 6 big chances created at just 13 games at No6 the player he put in really should have fucking scored

If you look at his 13 games at No6 he had 2 goals and 4 assists, should have scored another 2 (De Gea brilliantly denied him one) had another 6 our forwards should have buried missed and played at least 8 balls before the assist. Meaning he was in some part heavily involved in almost every goal we scored when he was playing there, that is incredible in just 13 games there.

Think about this, but for the glorious chances missed and the missed opportunities or ones saved from Hendo himself he could very easily have a record of P13 Goals 4 Assists 10 at No6 along with his 8 passes before the assist

Trent only has 4 assists from open play this season I think shows how hard teams have been working on stopping our full backs and why we need to bring those 2 midfielders in during the summer and get Matip back in at RCB so he can convert more corners and help Virgil convert more
    Yeah I read that about Trent only having 4 from open play, I was surprised by that.
    Agree totally on Hendo, whoever's comes in needs to work around him.
    I reckon Soumare would be half the price of Grealish.

Remember the time when Henderson received a red card (the Gerrard slip year) he was out for three games and we felt his absence then. A lot underestimate his actual worth to the team.