Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132333437 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, when you compare how both Watford and Chelsea pressed in comparison, it was quite evident.
    I think both Klopp and Lampard alluded to it post match. We played every bit as well last night (didn't take our chances) as we did in the SuperCup - Chelsea the better side AND the League game - again Chelsea the better side..

Both games we managed to win - last night we lost.. this is the only major difference. I have been saying this to people for months who have been pulling my chain about us.. Chelsea fans and Arsenal fans all baiting me on how amazing we have been and I have been stoic in saying - it isn't over yet - we haven't won the title yet AND I don't think we are playing well at al. I have been saying this while Henderson has apparently been the bestest no6 in the world ever.. .

We have been getting results.. So many fans cannot look beyond results - they see the points and forget that we got lucky or the opposition got unlucky. As our manager knows there is much more to the game than simply results. You can batter a team to death and lose - be awful and win. We have ridden our luck far too often for my liking and the last few games have shown that luck isn't something you can rely on. Poor Against Norwich - Poor in Madrid - Poor v West Ham - Dreadful v Watford and last night was pretty normal for us this season except we lost.

We get away with it a bit sometimes, because the quality of the teams going forward. Watford had Sarr who looked quality in attack.
    Teams cant beat us while playing football. But they make it a game with physicality.
    Over the season we have managed to compete with the physical side of the game.I have seen how people question the midfield quality wise. But with Fabinho (when he was on form) Henderson and Wijnaldum we may not be the best looking with them. But they get the job done.
    Obviously its been the same since football started the midfield is the final part get that right and you have a chance.In the past we have had some really talented gifted players.. The likes of Smicer and Luis Garcia..great on the ball. But we struggled over the season as a whole.
    We saw with losing Coutinho he was great coming off the left.But centrally he was to lightweight..
    Curtis/Lallana in the middle was never gonna work against most teams. never mind Chelsea away from homw.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We need a creative midfielder or a lock picking player, we have not replaced Coutinho's creativity and it needs to come back in some form.
    We need to add a different aspect to our game as it feels like we've gone a bit stale I think.
    In my opinion Grealish fits that bill.
    I've thought our build-up play has become ponderous in the last four games. Side to side passing, no penetration.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We've missed Henderson at No6 since the Southampton game to be fair

CCTV loves his stats so I have some for him:

Henderson at No6 all competitions P13 W13 D0 L0 GF25 GA2 Clean sheets 11 Team failed to score 0 (zero)

Draws - Zero

Losses - Zero

Failed to score - Zero

Fabinho at No6 all competitions P25 W18 D3 L4 GF52 GA31 Clean sheets 3 (THREE) Team failed to score 4 (FOUR)

Draws - The filthy away - Napoli - Shrewsbury away FA Cup

Losses - Napoli - Atletico - Watford - Chelsea FA Cup

Failed to score - Napoli - Atletico - Watford - Chelsea FA Cup

I've got to say, the evidence is compelling and damning
    Very illuminating
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Then we get on to CB pairings with Fabinho at No6

Van Dijk - Matip P10 W8 D1 L1 GF21 GA10 Clean sheets 2(Adrian in goal all games)

Van Dijk - Lovren P8 W7 D1 L0 GF18 GA8 Clean sheets 0 (zero)

Van Dijk - Gomez P6 W3 D0 L3 GF11 GA11 Clean sheets 1

Very compelling
    Also very illuminating

Also very illuminating

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    best laugh I've had since Rodgers labelled Joe Allen the Welsh Xavi

Oh and apologies for re-posting those stats, but we all had much debate about the centre back pairing being the sole reason for our clean sheets, particularly CCTV

I'll finish with this one and I am finished with it, I have apologised for over doing it, but (not that any of you care) My reasons were as follows:

1. I thought it was best for the team and all our aspirations
    2. I got a lot of stick for it and bombarded with a lot of stats that didn't show the true picture of why we had been getting those clean sheets and so many back to back wins
    3. As I alluded to in another thread, I really don't like unreasonable favouritism or prejudice, it winds me up no end.
    4. Short(ish) version for once - A lot of people too many here never gave Hendo the credit he deserved at any point in his Liverpool career and many seemed to openly dislike him because he took the Captains armband when Gerrard left, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Fabinho is a very good player, but he isn't nearly as good as many like to make out, he was massively overhyped simply because he took Henderson's spot and wasn't Henderson, that's how I see it, and it was really fucking annoying and irritating. The alleged reason from the anti Hendo brigade was we needed more creativity from No6 Hendo 2017/18 1 goal 2 assists Fabinho 2018/19 1 goal 2 assists - Then when we actually do have that greater creativity and Hendo is providing it, that's all wrong and not good enough either and isn't actually happening at all apparently

Finished now, I will say no more on the subject, people need to grow the fuck up
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 4th March 2020 at 06:41 PM.

I reckon if our Bobby gets his teeth done again - he could do this to those Atleti defenders.. Blind the shite out of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I reckon if our Bobby gets his teeth done again - he could do this to those Atleti defenders.. Blind the shite out of them..
    I don't see why we can't do them at Anfield, I'm still quietly confident and highly optimistic we will get the job done, with or without Hendo, although I'd rate our chances much higher with him in at No6, an ealy goal for us would be brilliant, by no means essential though, even 0-0 at half time it's still well doable with the Anfield crowd at their vociferous best, the pressure on Atletico and volume will grow and grow and grow. Jurgen just needs to tweak how our midfielders play a little. I'd even consider going very left field and playing Chirivella at No6, I think he has the distribution we've been missing and if they're going to sit and not press him. why not?

Lots of strong well informed rumours from Pearce and others that Hendo will be fit to start at No6 v Atletico, very good news if true, as long as he is fully recovered and isn't being rushed back