Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334353639 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

I'm expecting a much improved display from Fabinho today and him having been told to get his head on swivel, to be more aware and to pick up press and counter press more astutely and be defending and guarding against counters when we're attacking
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What you were expecting did not match what you got.

Glad to see Millie back
    His experience gave us steady heads today

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We've missed Henderson at No6 since the Southampton game to be fair

CCTV loves his stats so I have some for him:

Henderson at No6 all competitions P13 W13 D0 L0 GF25 GA2 Clean sheets 11 Team failed to score 0 (zero)

Draws - Zero

Losses - Zero

Failed to score - Zero

Fabinho at No6 all competitions P25 W18 D3 L4 GF52 GA31 Clean sheets 3 (THREE) Team failed to score 4 (FOUR)

Draws - The filthy away - Napoli - Shrewsbury away FA Cup

Losses - Napoli - Atletico - Watford - Chelsea FA Cup

Failed to score - Napoli - Atletico - Watford - Chelsea FA Cup

I've got to say, the evidence is compelling and damning

Then we get on to CB pairings with Fabinho at No6

Van Dijk - Matip P10 W8 D1 L1 GF21 GA10 Clean sheets 2(Adrian in goal all games)

Van Dijk - Lovren P8 W7 D1 L0 GF18 GA8 Clean sheets 0 (zero)

Van Dijk - Gomez P6 W3 D0 L3 GF11 GA11 Clean sheets 1

Very compelling

Above are the actually meaningful stats that tell the true picture including our team press and the importance of it supporting our defence and preventing them from facing too many counters

Your entire argument was that the sole reason for the clean sheets was the Van Dijk Gomez partnership and were arguing against is being anything whatsoever to do with Hendo at No6, the interchanging of the 3 midfielder players in those games and our team press and counter press being better than it's ever been as a result and that Fabinho was the better player at No6, those meaningful stats show your arguments were a load of nonsense.

And I got all the stats of wins losses and draws goals conceded goals scored and who played from going through our fixtures and checking the line ups
    What's the third loss Atletico away, Chelsea away just gone in the fa cup and ?
    Cant recall the third one.

These stats arent conclusive or tested for significance, merely descriptive and interesting.
    It's come up of old with N4C and very recently with Steveo.

The longer timeframe of stats, more games, gives better indications. You've taken a small sample of games.

Not one player in the stats I'd given had a ppg less than 2.04. Origi and Firminos ppg all comps goes back to Klopps first season. The rest hendo/fab/matip/gomez are from 18/19 onwards.

As such your stats if used to predict the future would suggest that were Gomez & VVD our centrebacks and Fabinho our no6, we would get 1.5ppg, have a win ratio of 50% and lose every other game.
    This is so out of kilter with the wider dataset and reality that imo it isnt worth taking seriously as an accurate sample.

Over a longer timeframe, the stats indicate Virgil and Gomez get more clean sheets and have a higher win ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Glad to see Millie back
    His experience gave us steady heads today
    Aye, a great fella.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What's the third loss Atletico away, Chelsea away just gone in the fa cup and ?
    Cant recall the third one.

These stats arent conclusive or tested for significance, merely descriptive and interesting.
    It's come up of old with N4C and very recently with Steveo.

The longer timeframe of stats, more games, gives better indications. You've taken a small sample of games.

Not one player in the stats I'd given had a ppg less than 2.04. Origi and Firminos ppg all comps goes back to Klopps first season. The rest hendo/fab/matip/gomez are from 18/19 onwards.

As such your stats if used to predict the future would suggest that were Gomez & VVD our centrebacks and Fabinho our no6, we would get 1.5ppg, have a win ratio of 50% and lose every other game.
    This is so out of kilter with the wider dataset and reality that imo it isnt worth taking seriously as an accurate sample.

Over a longer timeframe, the stats indicate Virgil and Gomez get more clean sheets and have a higher win ratio.
    Why are you using stats for seasons ago that are in no way relevant to our current team and how it has evolved and over which times several players have got so much better? Fabinho is irrefutable evidence that even 2 months is a very long time in this team and a lot can change, I'd actually be tempted to offload Fabinho and get Soumare in, he isn't a true No6 and will never have the a midfielder's reading of the game or passing

Sometimes can we use the naked eye and say Fabinho looked better today and more assured

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What you were expecting did not match what you got.
    Yep, I'm glad someone else is paying attention and actually taking note that Fabinho's positioning is generally very poor, he was way over hyped by too many here because he wasn't Henderson and took his place, look at Hendo now after the work we've done with the front 3 interchanging more and he has forward passing options on a lot more Edit: That's a very big reason why comparing 17/18 and 18/19 performances at No6 to this season when there's increased movement and forward options is daft
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th March 2020 at 06:08 PM.

Back in full training

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Back in full training
    Thank god for that, I don't know what's been worse, the threat of Coronavirus spreading or Henderson being unavailable.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.