Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    He's underrated by our fans as he's not a 'sexy' enough player.
    after seeing him cry on his dads shoulder he definitely gets a Man Crush vote from me.....lolol

Hendo's been immense the last few games, his range and variety of forward passing from DM has vastly improved, he's played some absolute belters
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Captain fantastic lifts a trophy no other Liverpool captain has ever lifted with a MOTM display, WHAT an absolute legend

He's the perfect captain, people won't like this, but for me he's a far superior captain to Gerrard, Stevie was a more attacking midfielder who scored great goals and bailed us out time and time again and an absolute legend in the absence of players like so many of the one's we have now, a brilliant player, I prefer Hendo because he is ALL about the team, he organises, he quietly gets the job done and holds everything together, he doesn't want the limelight or personal glory, he just strives in every single performance to do everything he possibly can to help out in all areas of the pitch to make sure we get the wins
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Captain fantastic lifts a trophy no other Liverpool captain has ever lifted with a MOTM display, WHAT an absolute legend

He's the perfect captain, people won't like this, but for me he's a far superior captain to Gerrard, Stevie was a more attacking midfielder who scored great goals and bailed us out time and time again and an absolute legend in the absence of players like so many of the one's we have now, a brilliant player, I prefer Hendo because he is ALL about the team, he organises, he quietly gets the job done and holds everything together, he doesn't want the limelight or personal glory, he just strives in every single performance to do everything he possibly can to help out in all areas of the pitch to make sure we get the wins
    I love Hendo as much as the next guy (I did start the thread) but captaincy in general is load of bollocks. VVD, Milner, Robbo or even Trent would make decent captains. As good as Hendo is stamina/endurance aside there isn't any part of his game as good as Gerrard's.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

What a game from our skipper AGAIN yesterday. We certainly miss him when he’s not in our starting line up these days, whether in at No6 or pushing further up on the right. All energy driving us on, often leading the press but also with great vision to pick a defence splitting pass.
    To think he was going to be a makeweight in a deal with Fulham for whatshisface. What a turnaround, so much respect for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What a game from our skipper AGAIN yesterday. We certainly miss him when he’s not in our starting line up these days, whether in at No6 or pushing further up on the right. All energy driving us on, often leading the press but also with great vision to pick a defence splitting pass.
    To think he was going to be a makeweight in a deal with Fulham for whatshisface. What a turnaround, so much respect for the guy.
    Clint Dempsey 🤔

Indeed, was making the point that he never really did anything of note after our attempt to bring him in, whereas Hendo ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Hendo's been immense the last few games, his range and variety of forward passing from DM has vastly improved, he's played some absolute belters
    Agreed - it isn't just in a more forward role where he is excelling - he even played perfectly well at CB. Klopp has opened up what was previously hidden in Hendo - who is now every inch a captain - he is actually becoming a talisman...! Never in a million years did I think that would ever be the case.

His confidence is off the scale.. Different player

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I love Hendo as much as the next guy (I did start the thread) but captaincy in general is load of bollocks. VVD, Milner, Robbo or even Trent would make decent captains. As good as Hendo is stamina/endurance aside there isn't any part of his game as good as Gerrard's.
    Does anyone remember a few years back when it seemed there was no one in the squad that had big enough huevos to take over the arm band....Kinda agree with 19 though.....the rest of the team had to live up to the legend and genius of Stevie G ......but with Hendo its respect for pure hard work ...and the fact he keeps on coming back when he knows half the fan base think he's crap...

Klopp has to take credit too for letting Hendo suggest a different position.. That was surely the catalyst...?

How many managers have such a lack of ego that they would allow that?