Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536373841 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You brought up this 4231/42X argument before and I pointed out that last season Gomez got injured at the very beginning of this period where we played 4231.

He played cb in a 4231 for 1 pl game v Everton iirc, less than Lovren & Matip who played during that 4231/42X period.
    So by your own argument he lost out on the benefit of 2 6's in 4231.

I'm a Matip fan boy too
    Pretty sure Gomez is our fastest or one of our fastest players.
    Not at all true as I went back through the fixtures and checked the line ups, 4231 with Gini and Fabinho, Gini and Hendo and Fabinho and Hendo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I've got us down for 16 games playing 42X/4231

VVD & Matip 6 games ( Leicester h, palace h, Bournemouth a, Burnley a, soton h, redstar a)

VVD & Lovren 6 (cardiff h, Watford a, manu h, wolves a, Newcastle h, arsenal h)

Gomez & VVD 2 (redstar h, everton h)

Fabinho & Lovren 1 - wolves a (fa cup)
    Fabinho & VVD 1 - Brighton a
    Last edited by CCTV; 10th March 2020 at 10:09 PM.

Captain fantastic again tonight, Jurgen reverted to the team which won 13 games back to back with Hendo at No6 for tonight's game and the difference in quality and how quickly we moved the ball was there for all to see, everything suddenly clicked into place again and over the 90 minutes we won again, against the most stubborn and organised of low blocks

The notable absentee from that 11 was obviously Allisson and that cost us in extra time unfortunately

The legendary No6

Captain fantastic leading the way getting all other captains on board to give funds to the NHS, our lads are absolutely brilliant and set the best possible example.

I see Hancock was 'having a go' at Premier League footballers, they are doing their bit, how about all those Tory tossers and their Brexit backers who have billions they never even paid their taxes on stashed in offshore accounts now do their bit?

Captain fantastic should call them out and tell it like it is, explaining that all Premier League captains were happy to help out, but now all those people with billions or millions stashed in offshore accounts, more money than they could ever spend, that they haven't even paid their taxes on, should come forward and do their bit, at least giving back what they avoided or evaded in their non tax paying

As good as it is, they've taken their time doing something. Other countries (Spain, Italy) did it almost 2 weeks ago.

Hancock will say, they did fuck all before he criticised them........and our Billionaire owner taking government handouts takes the shine of the good work done by others.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Captain fantastic leading the way getting all other captains on board to give funds to the NHS, our lads are absolutely brilliant and set the best possible example.

I see Hancock was 'having a go' at Premier League footballers, they are doing their bit, how about all those Tory tossers and their Brexit backers who have billions they never even paid their taxes on stashed in offshore accounts now do their bit?

Captain fantastic should call them out and tell it like it is, explaining that all Premier League captains were happy to help out, but now all those people with billions or millions stashed in offshore accounts, more money than they could ever spend, that they haven't even paid their taxes on, should come forward and do their bit, at least giving back what they avoided or evaded in their non tax paying
    Absolutely, I was just about to post something like this myself.
    While we are at it, the Royal Family aren't exactly in poverty, are they? And we the taxpayers pay them their wages!

Totally agree 19 I have been ranting about this for a while.

My main targets are Dyson/Green/Branson obviously loads more like that dickhead Rees-Mogg, Cameron, Blair etc.

Dont hold your breath though mate these types never help anyone but their bank balance.

Captain fantastic has done what so many have failed to do before him, he's an absolutely incredible captain, one of the best I can ever remember, supported by an incredible team, manager and coaching staff who all constantly strive to develop and reach higher levels and work incredibly hard at that and for each other and why for me Henderson is one of the best captains this club has ever had is that he absolute epitomises of all those things.

He is selfless, he is a fantastic organiser, he works as hard, if not harder than anyone else and despite too many of our own fans and pundits everywhere desperately trying to write him off time and time and time again, he has shown the heart of a lion and a champion and the incredible relentless work ethic, determination and resilience to continue to improve to be the captain this club needs and the best player he can possibly be and THAT is an absolutely incredible example he sets for all the other players and every single aspiring football player and sports player

And this season he has raised the bar higher still and has been even more phenomenal than ever

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Captain fantastic has done what so many have failed to do before him, he's an absolutely incredible captain, one of the best I can ever remember, supported by an incredible team, manager and coaching staff who all constantly strive to develop and reach higher levels and work incredibly hard at that and for each other and why for me Henderson is one of the best captains this club has ever had is that he absolute epitomises of all those things.

He is selfless, he is a fantastic organiser, he works as hard, if not harder than anyone else and despite too many of our own fans and pundits everywhere desperately trying to write him off time and time and time again, he has shown the heart of a lion and a champion and the incredible relentless work ethic, determination and resilience to continue to improve to be the captain this club needs and the best player he can possibly be and THAT is an absolutely incredible example he sets for all the other players and every single aspiring football player and sports player

And this season he has raised the bar higher still and has been even more phenomenal than ever
    Thoroughly deserving!