Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2528293031323334353637383940414245 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Henderson’s positive affect on the team when he starts is absolutely undeniable.

Over the last two seasons he has played 62 games and missed 13.
    Our win percentage with him in the team is an incredible 85.5% as opposed to a decent 61.5%.
    We have lost only 2 of the 62 games he has started and average goals against is 0.6 versus 1.3 when he’s missing, more than double.
    What a player he has evolved into, captain of a team who are current English, European, Super Cup and World Champions.
    Never been done before. Not by Real or Barca or Juve, not by Fergie or even the great Milan side.
    Never ever been done.

Well deserved award, what a man, proud to have him as Captain of our club.

Well in la.
    Shame that Ferguson did not present that award with the necessary due apologies.

Hopefully he's back for the Leeds game. Wether he's your favourite player or not ,there's no denying we seem to play with a higher tempo when he's playing.

Henderson is our best midfielder it is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It really is, he just understands what needs to be done to facilitate this team playing at its very highest levels, his recent evolution of his own game has unquestionably shown that, he's very specifically developed elements of his game that are essential to our playing at our best, he is always 'in play' and knows exactly where he needs to be and when he needs to be there as a result, which is why our press and counter press are at their very highest levels when he starts in the centre for us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Kinda says a lot too..

Shame he keeps getting older like a few others

And with 0 investment atm for the future

Investment isn't just about money, Kev. Look at Jones - time is being given to him - he's clearly being groomed to play a large role this year.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Investment isn't just about money, Kev. Look at Jones - time is being given to him - he's clearly being groomed to play a large role this year.
    Yes he's took lallana place at least

Can we make a few copy's of him?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Shame that Ferguson did not present that award with the necessary due apologies.
    A few on here too, I would say.

Myself included. I didn't think he was this sort of player. He has developed into such a fantastic midfielder.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Immense tribute from Robbo's new book highlighting the huge influence Captain fantastic Hendo has on making sure this team and squad and everyone in it is at their very best

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/410215-andy-robertson-hendo-s-example-was-so-powerful-for-us-all

Over Christmas and into January, his performances were exceptional and even when we were not at our best as a team, Hendo made sure we never stopped pushing to be as good as we could be on any given day and made sure we got over the line on occasions when doing so was a big challenge. He was putting in nine and 10 out of 10 performances every single game and we all responded to that. You can’t hide or accept an off day when your captain is delivering to that level and that’s why he finally started getting the recognition he deserved.

Hendo has always been questioned since he took the armband off Steven Gerrard. Stevie isn’t an easy person to follow, of course he isn’t, and Hendo understood that more than anyone. But he deserved to be judged fairly and on his own merits rather than constantly being compared to a Liverpool legend. It was only when everybody started seeing Jordan Henderson as Jordan Henderson – not as the guy who had taken over the captaincy from Steven Gerrard – that this started to happen.

Nobody will replace Stevie as a Liverpool player given everything he achieved and what he stood for, but Hendo is now established as another winning Liverpool captain and deservedly gets the respect that goes with that status. He had led us to the Champions League and now he was striving towards something that had never previously been accomplished in the Premier League era. Momentum then started to build about him being player of the year and that gave all of us a good feeling because not only was it richly deserved, we could also see him growing with that recognition.
    Robbo absolutely nails it for me, it is of course a question of personal preference and belief of what makes a great captain, but me, I'll take the guy who can inspire the other 10 players to perform to their very highest levels and give them the belief to keep going and going and going to ensure so many back to back to back to back victories than the superstar player who can single handedly win so many games with pure brilliance, but doesn't inspire the same huge raise in the levels and consistency in all the other players

Nails it

He has also had a huge influence on me in the way I try to captain Scotland. I look at Hendo every day and try to pick things up from him, especially the way he tries to keep improving. I’m not exaggerating when I say he goes into every game like it’s a cup final and his entire approach has rubbed off on the rest of us, improving the squad probably without even noticing it and definitely without giving himself the credit he deserves