Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's like when they do a other team of another era v the current Liverpool team, they don't have the football intelligence or understanding or programming skills to do it properly, to recreate our 11 players all working in unison in attacking, defending and pressing and if they did, our current best 11 would absolutely trounce any side from past eras, there isn't a past (alleged) great team I can think of who could cope with our press and dynamism
    And a modern era team would be at a loss regarding the physicality and the old rules.
    Ridiculous to compare.

I really have to hand it to Hendo, that drive, that drive to continually seek to improve and develop, never ever thinks 'he's arrived' is always striving for more.

It was said of the great King Kenny himself, but through the improvement he strived for and made, in those 20 odd games Fabinho was out, he drove the team on a huge evolutionary arc in which their consistency and ability to win games, pressing, counter pressing, winning second balls and winning games in so many different ways made an incredible quantum leap

I still believe he is vastly underrated by far too many in our own support even now, in this team, with how he plays, with how he sees everything and organises it in the press and counter press, the right switches at the right time to release players in attack, he truly is 'the conductor of the orchestra'

People prattle on about bacon face and others, but honestly, what Henderson does is absolutely incredible, it's well beyond any of them, he is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in world football and one of the best we've ever had. That level of awareness and astuteness, he sees the entire game, absolutely everything

A true Liverpool legend
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I've just noticed he starts for England.

Just got a penalty - which Rashford buries past the Mig - never a pen in a million years BUT it is Wembley and England were losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just got a penalty - which Rashford buries last the Ming - never a pen in a million years BUT it is Wembley and England were losing.
    Gary Neville or Tyler were happy enough with it being given. Funny that.

Why is Hendo playing?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Why is Hendo playing?
    Because we are a soft touch

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Why is Hendo playing?
    Hopefully 45-60 max.

For all we know he insisted.

Perfectly true Sid - just feels like a liberty seeing him risk injury for the clueless waistcoat wearer after not being able to play for us..

Maybe some game time won't be the end of the world as long as no injury, gets his match sharpness up ready for the derby.