Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Klopp has to take credit too for letting Hendo suggest a different position.. That was surely the catalyst...?

How many managers have such a lack of ego that they would allow that?
    Yep. Thats why hes such an amazing manager. Doesnt see it as me and them, its a collective of everyone and thats why we are seeing success now and going forward.
    The guys the best in the world.

Klopp has to take credit too for letting Hendo suggest a different position.. That was surely the catalyst...?

Klopp, 19, myself & Dicko.

On second thoughts scrap dicko, he's an egomaniacal loon

Sorry fellas I forgot to credit you..

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I really don't understand how people cant see that every single manager picks him.......
    The Lucas argument.

On Hendo, he's playing very well at the moment. Long may it continue. Needs to pitch in with goals and assists
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Benitez did the same thing with Jamie Carragher, he was flipping positions at full back under Houllier and not outstanding in either. Benitez comes in and puts him at centre back and we all know how good he was playing there.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Excellent again last night. I just wish his brilliant strike had gone in. Would have topped off a fantastic performance.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Good point. But it's also worth mentioning Hendo was never meant to play DM when we signed him. That was never the position he was intended for, nor the one where he performed best.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I thought he was bought to play in the midfield...? I don’t buy this he was bought as an AM.. if he was whoever decided that should be fired...? Oh yes he was..

He isn’t a Coutinho or a David Silva - he isn’t a playmaker, lacks the shooting ability and doesn’t dribble IMO - he has to be adaptable - this was the big issue really, not quite good enough as an AM and not effective enough as a DM - he was struggling for games by last Spring - Keita hadn’t shown enough and yet he was still struggling for starts - he has stepped up to the plate. Had words with Jurgen who gave him a chance in his favoured role and he has done him proud.

But he looks far better when playing deeper now too. Even looked capable at CB. He has become what he always needed to. He isn’t blessed with greatest talent TBF. - but is honest as the day is long, hard working and has crafted what he has to be effective. His biggest strengths were always his stamina and his passing BUT often he got it wrong..lacking the confidence to play the killer ball often in favour of passing the buck.

Emerged from the shadow of Gerrard finally.

Something has happened - the confidence is flowing and especially since lifting the CL - we see a totally different player..

Just my opinion though
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd December 2019 at 12:01 PM.

He was bought as a box-to-box midfielder who could fill in on the wing or at DM. He was immense in 2014 when he actually played in his preferred role. He was shite on the wing under Kenny and not completely ideal at DM under Klopp.

Hell, Gerrard could fill in at DM but it was clear it wasn't his best ever position.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non