Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's going to sound like an odd thing to say, but my sense of regret about 13/14 isn't all that large.

In terms of the "Butterfly Effect" we may not be where we are now if that season goes differently - poised for Dynasty-building with Klopp and a team that's incredibly likeable.

It's funny how stuff works out - Blackburn were going to sign Lewandowski but his flight was delayed due to the Iceland ash cloud, so he ended up signing for Dortmund. Dortmund.may not have been QUITE as good as they became and Klopp may never have become our manager.

Blackburn, as it happens, apparently could have signed Zidane but went for Tim Sherwood. Odd thing, this Football lark.

Can we beat Leicester please? Followed by racking up points in January and February during the horrible run City have?

Yep Sid - I have been thinking the same. We win that title and we don’t get Klopp..

What a performance from him tonight, Bloody brilliant.

He is outshining Fabinho playing back in the position he replace him in, he's been absolutely brilliant this season and the last 5 or 6 games in particular
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He’s been Captain fantastic and if he lifts the League title this season I hope he will finally shake off all the doubters once and for all. All action, driving the team forward, spraying the passes around long and short, making a decent number of chances for those in front of him game after game. Talk about growing into the shirt.

Jordan Gerrardson, lol.... Truly a captain fantastic.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He is outshining Fabinho playing back in the position he replace him in, he's been absolutely brilliant this season and the last 5 or 6 games in particular
    This was the point I was trying to make. He isn’t just far better in a more advanced midfield role - but simply looks a different player altogether IMO. As though something has clicked and he now does what he always wanted to but thought twice about doing. What we used to see in moments and brief glimpses has become his standard game.

Playing that instinctive ball - the one that comes with risk BUT that also can open up a path to goal or cut a team wide open. He is looking for that ball ALL game now and not just in AM - but DM even @ CB.!!! Making runs - not just dummy runs - but WANTING the ball in tight areas because he has belief...!

He has become absolutely vital - far more so IMO than ever before. Let’s hope to god that nasty stamp doesn’t keep him out.

Horrenderson.

Still runs funny though
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Still runs funny though
    Only whiskey drinking alcoholics think that 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This was the point I was trying to make. He isn’t just far better in a more advanced midfield role - but simply looks a different player altogether IMO. As though something has clicked and he now does what he always wanted to but thought twice about doing. What we used to see in moments and brief glimpses has become his standard game.

Playing that instinctive ball - the one that comes with risk BUT that also can open up a path to goal or cut a team wide open. He is looking for that ball ALL game now and not just in AM - but DM even @ CB.!!! Making runs - not just dummy runs - but WANTING the ball in tight areas because he has belief...!

He has become absolutely vital - far more so IMO than ever before. Let’s hope to god that nasty stamp doesn’t keep him out.
    'It's only pain' as someone famously once said
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”