Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    In my honest opinion we were better when Henderson played because he gave Gerrard the freedom to get forward and supply the forwards. Who replaced the suspended Henderson? I genuinely can’t remember.
    Where would gerrard play?
    Would we win the league.
    A good squad player to come on last 15.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Where would gerrard play?
    Would we win the league.
    A good squad player to come on last 15.
    I’m talking about then, not now
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Another awe inspiring MOTM display from Captain fantastic again in yesterday's win, simply everywhere, exactly where he needed to be when he was needed, Fabinho's got his work cut out to win his starting spot back, Hendo's absolutely eclipsed him with his displays after moving back into the position during his absence, miles better defensively AND offensively
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

MOTM for the second game running, top top quality AGAIN

Thought most players stopped improving at a certain age, Henderson and Milner.. well I don't even have to say anything do I.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    MOTM for the second game running, top top quality AGAIN
    He has truly become his own man. He is nobodies shadow and history will remember him as one of the greats. I see people are even mentioning him for POTY my gosh he has not silenced the critic he has blown them out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thought most players stopped improving at a certain age, Henderson and Milner.. well I don't even have to say anything do I.
    Milner has been consistent throughout his career. It's no coincidence that Henderson has upped his game since we signed Keita. If Keita would have carried on the form that prompted the club to sign him, it would probably have been Henderson that was making way, it will be interesting to see who gets the midfield roles when they are all fit. There's nothing wrong with the midfield apart from a lack of goals. Henderson's contribution of goals in almost 9 years is abysmal.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Milner has been consistent throughout his career. It's no coincidence that Henderson has upped his game since we signed Keita. If Keita would have carried on the form that prompted the club to sign him, it would probably have been Henderson that was making way, it will be interesting to see who gets the midfield roles when they are all fit. There's nothing wrong with the midfield apart from a lack of goals. Henderson's contribution of goals in almost 9 years is abysmal.
    True milner has but he's aged very well.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    He has truly become his own man. He is nobodies shadow and history will remember him as one of the greats. I see people are even mentioning him for POTY my gosh he has not silenced the critic he has blown them out of the water.
    In 2012 we offered him as part of the swap deal for Clint Dempsey!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    He'll still be looking to improve week in week out