Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Salzburg (Champion's League group game, 2nd meeting)

Your team v Salzburg (Champion's League group game, 2nd meeting)

It would be lunacy to advocate playing for a draw, but it's worth remembering that this is a "must not lose" rather than a must-win.

With that in mind I am going for solidity centrally. Assuming Fabinho, Matip and Lovren are unavailable -

.................. Alisson

Trent......Gomez.....Van Dijk... Robertson

.................... Henderson

........... Wijnaldum.......... Milner

.. Salah...........Firmino.......Mane

This is a Monster of a game. A Double is a very achievable feat for this team and if we piss it up the wall I would be gutted - avoid a loss here, 3 two-legged ties (50% of game time at Anfield) and a Cup final (8 footie matches!) alongside our remaining 23 League games can be done - especially given the frankly ridiculous win percentage we have at present.

That is a journey that we CAN see through to the end with 100% application and some luck and it's a journey that cannot be achieved without a result on Tuesday so let's feed the Mentality Monsters!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson

Hendo Gini

Salah Firmino Mane

Origi

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Lovren, Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Elliot

I genuinely don’t know what our best lineup is anymore... and that’s a good thing. Are Salah, Mané and Firmino automatically first names on the teamsheet? They were until very recently. Now I’m not sure. The same can be said about the midfield. What a fantastic problem to have.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

AB
    TAA Lovren VVD Robbo
    Hendo Gini Ox
    Salah Origi Mane

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I genuinely don’t know what our best lineup is anymore... and that’s a good thing. Are Salah, Mané and Firmino automatically first names on the teamsheet? They were until very recently. Now I’m not sure. The same can be said about the midfield. What a fantastic problem to have.
    Agreed with everything there. A few weeks ago, it would have been an easy task to name our strongest XI, but with the way the fringe players have performed when called upon, it's hard to see how the likes of Ox, Lovren and even Origi aren't considered as guaranteed starters!

If we hadn't ballsed this up, we could have been playing some of the younger players tomorrow. Still think we'll be okay but it's a shame we're doing it the hard way.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

5.55 pm kick off everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    If we hadn't ballsed this up, we could have been playing some of the younger players tomorrow. Still think we'll be okay but it's a shame we're doing it the hard way.
    It is what it is.

Knock-outs at stake so just get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It would be lunacy to advocate playing for a draw, but it's worth remembering that this is a "must not lose" rather than a must-win.

With that in mind I am going for solidity centrally. Assuming Fabinho, Matip and Lovren are unavailable -

.................. Alisson

Trent......Gomez.....Van Dijk... Robertson

.................... Henderson

........... Wijnaldum.......... Milner

.. Salah...........Firmino.......Mane

This is a Monster of a game. A Double is a very achievable feat for this team and if we piss it up the wall I would be gutted - avoid a loss here, 3 two-legged ties (50% of game time at Anfield) and a Cup final (8 footie matches!) alongside our remaining 23 League games can be done - especially given the frankly ridiculous win percentage we have at present.

That is a journey that we CAN see through to the end with 100% application and some luck and it's a journey that cannot be achieved without a result on Tuesday so let's feed the Mentality Monsters!
    Sid, that is the midfield that has been disastrous for us in Europe. I think Milner might not play as he put in a full shift against Bournemouth.
    Ox or Naby for my money.

Lovren has travelled to Austria with the squad.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!