Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Keita

Keita

Ok. As I have been one of his biggest critics and doubters, thought I would see if I am seeing things or can everyone else see it too.
    Is Naby starting to finally look like a player ? Not only a “player” but one who could fit in with our long term plans.

He and Ox have finally brought us regular goals from midfield but is there room for both in the starting line up ? Both have missed too much football over the last couple of years and need a really good sustained run for us to see exactly what we have with both.

But Naby has finally strung a couple of performances together, hope he keeps going, we’re going to need the whole squad to take this title.
    "I am the Normal One."

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Ok. As I have been one of his biggest critics and doubters, thought I would see if I am seeing things or can everyone else see it too.
    Is Naby starting to finally look like a player ? Not only a “player” but one who could fit in with our long term plans.

He and Ox have finally brought us regular goals from midfield but is there room for both in the starting line up ? Both have missed too much football over the last couple of years and need a really good sustained run for us to see exactly what we have with both.

But Naby has finally strung a couple of performances together, hope he keeps going, we’re going to need the whole squad to take this title.
    There is room for both of them but they would need a reliable, strong and defensive midfielder in there with them (Fab, Gini or Hendo). I think Ox does work hard and does his bit defensively but think Naby is a bit lightweight at the moment but could adjust given the right training and game time.

Thought he was harshly judged last season against our expectation more than his contributions in the side, showing more star quality of late.

Ox/26 Fabinho/26 Naby/24

Good ages for the coming years.

Fab the dm monster, Naby the cm and Oxo more a cm/cam not to dispute Naby's ability to contribute goals/assists. Just Naby is pretty good at racking up tackles & intercepts. Tbf to Oxo hes done well on those stats lately too.

Jury is still very much out. He needs to keep up this sort of form and cut out the dumb giving away of the ball in his own half.

Good signs though.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Jury is still very much out. He needs to keep up this sort of form and cut out the dumb giving away of the ball in his own half.

Good signs though.
    Spot on, you don't know which Keita will turn up, very inconsistent.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Agree with Bali. Fair play that hes improved but still a way off beimg the 50m player we thought he would be. Both he and Ox have a long way to prove their starters in my opinion. Their contributions are fleeting and inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

Good signs though.
    Spot on. He's definitely shown something of what we paid for in the last few weeks, but he's a long way from getting a permanent midfield berth – which at >£50m he should be getting. I've been more impressed by him in attacking positions than in midfield. My main concern is his injury record since joining us. Lots of niggly little knocks that have hindered his development. Could just be bad luck, but he needs to stay fit now until the end of the season.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

has box to box quality
    Runs into the box to score.
    Great technique
    Driving forward , dribbling technique.

What a player. But can his body cope with the intensity of the premier league.

He can only play 2 games a season v Bournemouth.

Fingers crossed he can stay 100% fit for 5 months

Regular starts, hopefully remain fit and I think he would slot in very nicely indeed. Could take That fellas place for good...you know...The guy that plays for the Dutch national team!!

Jokes aside. I believe he’ll come good. That starts and goals he’s scored so far will do his confidence the world of good. He has decent vision going forward, but lacks defensive awareness. That’s why we have Fabinho!

Wijnaldum is world class