Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Keita

He certainly didn't like a cold windy night in Norwich. Next season is huge for him as from what I've seen so far with performances and injuries I don't think he's the long term answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He certainly didn't like a cold windy night in Norwich. Next season is huge for him as from what I've seen so far with performances and injuries I don't think he's the long term answer.
    I wouldn't give him next season. Hes not good enough full stop. Out injured too often to get to a level where he'd nail down a first team place. Even if hes at his best and we are playing a key game is he getting the nod over Hendo,Gini or Fab? Not a chance. Same for Ox. They're squad players.
    I'd genuinely rather see Jones getting games ahead of him. You can count on one hand the decent games he's had in nearly a year and a half. Not cut out for the premier league at all.
    Last edited by teesred; 16th February 2020 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I wouldn't give him next season. Hes not good enough full stop. Out injured too often to get to a level where he'd nail down a first team place. Even if hes at his best and we are playing a key game is he getting the nod over Hendo,Gini or Fab? Not a chance. Same for Ox. They're squad players.
    I'd genuinely rather see Jones getting games ahead of him. You can count on one hand the decent games he's had in nearly a year and a half. Not cut out for the premier league at all.
    I agree even when heís been given a chance he doesnít take his opportunity. Some of his passing yesterday was woeful.

Iíd sell him back to a German team and give Jones or Grujic a chance as a backup player.

His passing has always been a concern for me.

Has the ability but doesnít seem to have the drive. Hope I am wrong because there are flashes of excellence but we need more than moments. He seems easy to knock off the ball too.

That miss yesterday was criminal BTW.. 0:0 away from home tough game - Keeper stranded after Salahís genius work - goal at your mercy just a couple of yards out and he gifts it to Krul. No composure at all.

He needs to be much better if we are to keep him.

Am I the only one who thought he did ok? Had some nice mazy runs, played a few good passes, made the keeper work.

Even his miss from two yards out wasn't that terrible, considering how quickly Krul got up and how close he was to him.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Am I the only one who thought he did ok? Had some nice mazy runs, played a few good passes, made the keeper work.

Even his miss from two yards out wasn't that terrible, considering how quickly Krul got up and how close he was to him.
    Nope, Iím with you too on the miss.

He does need to do more going forward. An injury free period and consistent run in the team should do him good. The weight of his passes are brilliant sometimes. Iíd keep him, even as a squad player he isnít a bad option

He wasnít awful yesterday no - just pretty much his usual self for us.

I have to say - for me the miss is bad even from a novice let alone a professional footballer. Doesnít take enough care with the finish. Slams it into the ground letting it bounce up high enough into Krulís hands - keeper should have no chance there. Just a delicate tap and itís a certain goal.

More guile and composure needed to finish that simple chance. Same issue with many of his passes - gets plenty right but often a simple ball is poorly played.

Does he? I thought Krul blocked it directly? Haven't seen it again on any of the highlight videos. If it's as you say, it's probably a bit worse than I thought.

Anyone got a video?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Itís in this highlights clip... after 40 seconds you will see the move and a couple of angles of the chance.. Itís a sitter in my book.

It's not available in Germany that video.

I'll take you at your word though.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non