Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 167

Thread: Keita

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Am I the only one who thought he did ok? Had some nice mazy runs, played a few good passes, made the keeper work.

    Even his miss from two yards out wasn't that terrible, considering how quickly Krul got up and how close he was to him.
    No, people are jumping the gun as usual, he's going to be an absolutely incredible player for this club, he has everything he needs, including the right mentality and attitude, he just needs a run without injuries. It's a myth he's injury prone, he got his injury after a bad foul by the Barca lad, where he let himself down is he shouldn't have gone to AFCON and played on an injury that wasn't properly healed.

    When you have an injury or muscle weakness in an area, your body reacts to compensate for that weakness and makes other muscles work harder to support/make up for the weakness, that then puts more strain on other muscles and throws your entire body out of balance, which then frequently causes a succession of other tweaks and niggles that keep putting you back out until your body's worked itself back to balance again.

    Yesterday was the first time I've seen so many of his attempted through balls blocked or intercepted, he's the best of all our midfielders at them from the areas he plays them from, a lot of people were whinging about our attempted through balls being blocked or intercepted a lot yesterday, give Norwich some fucking credit for fucks sake! They defended superbly against us, these weren't rudimentary through balls through a wide open channel, every single one of them was an eye of a needle ball and only great last ditch blocks or interceptions by Norwich stopped them being successful.

    Look at it this way, at least Keita was trying to carry out the game plan Jurgen had set the team up to play and played with the bravery Jurgen wants our players to. In his comments post match Jurgen mentioned our other lads playing too many long balls in the first half when he hadn't set the formation up for that and winning second balls and that had led to Norwich having more opportunities to break on us than he had wanted, and he said "Maybe they didn't want to try and play the balls through the tighter spaces, but the weather conditions were the same for both teams and not an excuse"
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have to say - for me the miss is bad even from a novice let alone a professional footballer. Doesn’t take enough care with the finish. Slams it into the ground letting it bounce up high enough into Krul’s hands - keeper should have no chance there. Just a delicate tap and it’s a certain goal.
    A touch of coaching about positions he arrives in can easily remedy that - I don't consider Sterling to be a "natural finisher" at all, but we have seen him get plenty for City.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  3. #83
    Think the keeper made a lucky save as it looks like it hit him in the face. Bobby's was a worse miss but he gets away with it because he's Bobby
    Last edited by Aldo1988; 16th February 2020 at 01:52 PM.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    City of Self Doubt
    Posts
    15,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Think the keeper made a luck save as it looks like it hit him in the face. Bobby's was a worse miss but he gets away with it because he's Bobby
    This is also true.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    12,032
    If he had struck his boot through it, then he'd of scored. No fannying around 😂😂

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    18,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Am I the only one who thought he did ok? Had some nice mazy runs, played a few good passes, made the keeper work.

    Even his miss from two yards out wasn't that terrible, considering how quickly Krul got up and how close he was to him.
    If it wasnt his first start in a while, think he'd start in Madrid. Hendo Fabinho Keita
    Won 5 tackles yesterday and did his bit with the ball.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    8,429
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    If it wasnt his first start in a while, think he'd start in Madrid. Hendo Fabinho Keita
    Won 5 tackles yesterday and did his bit with the ball.
    Very much doubt he'd be getting a start ahead of Wijnaldum against a side like Atletico. He shouldn't be starting games we need to win, hes a passenger most of the time and we cant afford that against top level teams.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,409
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Very much doubt he'd be getting a start ahead of Wijnaldum against a side like Atletico. He shouldn't be starting games we need to win, hes a passenger most of the time and we cant afford that against top level teams.
    I don't agree with that at all, he needs game time and rhythm and hopefully the 'follow on' injuries from his playing at AFCON when injured have worked their way through his body now.

    The midfield for the very biggest games is

    Henderson Fabinho Wijanldum

    Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

    Henderson Fabinho Keita

    For me

    If we were chasing a game last 15-20 minutes having started with the first midfield, I think Fabinho or Gini would be the midfielder hooked to bring on Keita depending whether Jurgen though we'd get most joy from the change on our left or right
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    18,376
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Very much doubt he'd be getting a start ahead of Wijnaldum against a side like Atletico. He shouldn't be starting games we need to win, hes a passenger most of the time and we cant afford that against top level teams.
    Think Klopp will be happy with his performance yesterday. Most tackles on the pitch 5 - cant be sniffed at and something Klopp loves. Got on the ball and contributed. He wasn't at 100% but a good performance imo.

    I'd expect Gini to start with Fabinho, Hendo & the other 8. If it's not that 11 I'd suspect it would be Naby starting ahead of Gini.

    Klopp nearly always is much happier with Naby than most others.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    18,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't agree with that at all, he needs game time and rhythm and hopefully the 'follow on' injuries from his playing at AFCON when injured have worked their way through his body now.

    The midfield for the very biggest games is

    Henderson Fabinho Wijanldum

    Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

    Henderson Fabinho Keita

    For me

    If we were chasing a game last 15-20 minutes having started with the first midfield, I think Fabinho or Gini would be the midfielder hooked to bring on Keita depending whether Jurgen though we'd get most joy from the change on our left or right
    I'd have liked to see Naby and Ox swap positions yesterday. Only one game yesterday but I thought Ox looked poor enough as a Mane replacement, gather your not hot on Origi, but what would you think of Naby at lwf in terms of replacing Mane when needed ?

    Plus zipped was an apt description 😭

Similar Threads

  1. Keita injured?
    By Nineteenx in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 3rd July 2019, 10:32 PM
  2. Naby Keita
    By miller0863 in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 4th May 2019, 03:57 PM
  3. Naby Keita
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15th April 2019, 11:13 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •