Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Minamino no18

Be the player of the 2 games against us, I saw glimpses of that in the positions he took up and the runs he made and the passes he tried, needs time for the other lads to know him and learn exactly where and when he wants the ball and what spaces or channels he'll then find them in/through. Most importantly, INTENSITY, remember that place, that intensity he played with when he found himself 3-0 down at Anfield, that drive, that desire to get back into the game that focused all his abilities and senses and gave him a yard of extra pace and extra acceleration, that's the level of intensity and focus he needs to exhibit every time he steps on the pitch, that's what it's all about and what all our other lads do
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I thought 19 was referring to the number of European Cups he wants us to win?
    You make a very good point

Reckon he'll get 10-15 minutes at least today, we've actually had a week in which we can work on the training pitch for the first time in ages, really looking forward to seeing how he links up with everyone and if players find him in the spaces he likes to get into and they or other players make the runs for the kind of balls he's looking to provide them with

Uhm, where is Takumi??

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Uhm, where is Takumi??
    There was an article on the offal about him pretty recently, Jurgen wants him to play naturally, as he did against us rather than try to immediately try and play like some of our other players, so he's still bedding in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There was an article on the offal about him pretty recently, Jurgen wants him to play naturally, as he did against us rather than try to immediately try and play like some of our other players, so he's still bedding in.
    Thanks for that 19.

Play him against Chelsea in the cup? Is that enough time to bed in?

Not ready yet

Thought that was a very decent half from Takumi, though not getting as much joy in the half-spaces as he may have done had Robertson been on the pitch to widen things on the other side.

Think there would be real potential in some games (weaker opposition / sides with slower centre-backs / sides that foolishly play expansively against us) for one-touch combinations with Firmino/Mane/Keita.

Shite, But he wasn't alone. Awful game to judge anyone.

I don't see where he fits, he confuses me