Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new young managers (EX footballers)

The new young managers (EX footballers)

How do you think they're doing? seems almost a new generation compared to the previous years

On about Arteta Ole Gerrard lampard etc , (add ones you know)

Better to stick with the old guard? or is it as good idea to take on someone that's raw to the manager side?

It seems a mixed bag for me, some are doing great, others are doing shocking (arteta and his tactics are incredible) lols

What's your opinion on em? the new generation- i'm not going to ask who's your fav because that'll be obviously gerrard for all of us i'd imagine

Hopefully for some, henderson will become a manager when he retires, wonder what milner will do? maybe coaching role with us? bin it off? and drink water for the rest of his day's while reading books at home, with beans on toast for lunch every day?

Who knows?

Pirlo and Zidane too. Xavi will be at Barca soon enough. Plenty of them. And thank fuck! Managers can be entertaining as hell and a tactical battle between too good coaches is as good as it gets in football.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Pirlo and Zidane too. Xavi will be at Barca soon enough. Plenty of them. And thank fuck! Managers can be entertaining as hell and a tactical battle between too good coaches is as good as it gets in football.
    Even Wayne Rooney !! He gave up playing for derby and become manager instead!

Yeah i've not listed the foreign ones - i know there's more just off top of my head.

I want gerrard to come to EPL, that'll be fun with some manc managers

Don’t underestimate the job Gerrard is doing at Rangers. Money and squad wise Rangers were miles behind Celtic when he went there, miles.
    They had no European experience as a group, had come nowhere near winning anything for years since their demotion down the leagues.

He has massively improved the squad with a record spend of £7m on Ryan Kent and a group of wandering has been and never will be nomads.

They haven’t just scraped through their group in the Europa, they have dominated games. They were the better team in both games v a very expensive and Champions League experienced Benfica and just ran out of steam at the end of both games, having been in winning positions.
    They still won the group and have started this season UNBEATEN in 26 games, keeping 20 clean sheets, conceding only 3 league goals in 16 games and have a plus 42 goal difference already (Celtic are plus 21)

Big season for Stevie, needs to win the league, a domestic cup and go as deep as possible into the Europa League. If he does, I’d say his prolonged “interview” for the Liverpool job will be going far better than we could have hoped.

Maybe a job in England as a final stepping stone, success there and he’s in.
    Hopefully he’ll do better than Frank did at Derby which didn’t go that well but he’s still been given the Chelsea job and an incredible £200m to spend into the bargain.

Wouldn’t be ruling out Gerrard as a future manager as many have, just yet.

Indeed gerrard is fast improving!

He's done incredible this season with that team, and like you say compared to celtic... the money isn't there, or was the squad but he's made the team work together very well much like klopp has here

Tavernier playing at RB is the main man and has scored 16 goals already ...LB Barisic pushes on and is an excellent crosser of the ball.

Wonder where he got the idea of getting so much attacking benefit from his full backs

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t underestimate the job Gerrard is doing at Rangers. Money and squad wise Rangers were miles behind Celtic when he went there, miles.
    They had no European experience as a group, had come nowhere near winning anything for years since their demotion down the leagues.

He has massively improved the squad with a record spend of £7m on Ryan Kent and a group of wandering has been and never will be nomads.

They haven’t just scraped through their group in the Europa, they have dominated games. They were the better team in both games v a very expensive and Champions League experienced Benfica and just ran out of steam at the end of both games, having been in winning positions.
    They still won the group and have started this season UNBEATEN in 26 games, keeping 20 clean sheets, conceding only 3 league goals in 16 games and have a plus 42 goal difference already (Celtic are plus 21)

Big season for Stevie, needs to win the league, a domestic cup and go as deep as possible into the Europa League. If he does, I’d say his prolonged “interview” for the Liverpool job will be going far better than we could have hoped.

Maybe a job in England as a final stepping stone, success there and he’s in.
    Hopefully he’ll do better than Frank did at Derby which didn’t go that well but he’s still been given the Chelsea job and an incredible £200m to spend into the bargain.

Wouldn’t be ruling out Gerrard as a future manager as many have, just yet.
    Haven't watched a single game of theirs but on paper it's hard to argue with the Facts.
    Doing a great job and they wouldn't be a big financial side even in Europe and certainly dont have the Portuguese advantage of drawing many south american prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Tavernier playing at RB is the main man and has scored 16 goals already ...LB Barisic pushes on and is an excellent crosser of the ball.

Wonder where he got the idea of getting so much attacking benefit from his full backs
    Melwood init..

Gerrard seems to be doing a decent job, but i still wouldn't want him here when Klopp eventually leaves. A massive difference between Scottish Premiership and this one. He started up playing catch up on Celtic, now it looks like the tables are turning. Credit to his staff as well, it won't all be down to Gerrard.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Gerrard seems to be doing a decent job, but i still wouldn't want him here when Klopp eventually leaves. A massive difference between Scottish Premiership and this one. He started up playing catch up on Celtic, now it looks like the tables are turning. Credit to his staff as well, it won't all be down to Gerrard.
    I wonder if more people on here would want pep lindjers over gerrard as a next manager.

Dont see how people could take that view when pep hasn't been out on his own yet really.