Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Minamino no18

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    That's the problem we have though, just filling positions are depth is actually pretty bad, wolves have better depth going forward...

Origi playing on the left etc... Milner at LB

Mininamino wherever klopp can find a space for him...

Lallana.. Ox.. Origi... Minamino... even firmino at times NOT WIDE PLAYERS

We've got Shaqiri great....

Enjoy this season at least, we've been getting lucky with injury's and scraping results, can't see the same next season, champions league showed us up too far from perfect with 0 additions apparently, shame we're not going to build on it other teams that have stayed on top still always invested heavily.

Squad needs to be freshened up, I'd keep the players we've loaned out next season and possibly move on a couple of players that are here, well they're here but they're not really here, they're in the physio room, getting a nice wage for doing fuck all and being in a title winning side and getting a medal!

Chelsea
    Utd
    City

Will all spend money, and if it was these clubs they wouldn't have to fill positions with anyone that can play there but half as good (if that) because it's not there natural position or they're mid-table standard, if that.

There's to many players not fit enough for the system or made of glass or damn right average at best, it's time to change we're a constant top 4, league winning side, why are we carrying utter shite? or players that can only manage to play 5 games a season?

Frankly outside starting 11, apart from midfield options (only place we have some) are squad is bang average, that's down to FSG it'll catch up with us eventually unless klopp finds some more steals. like Robertson.
    That last bit

Like Robertson

What does that even mean.

Every single signing has been a success so far.

Name a player who hasn't improved !

We have had a 3 month break.

1 kind of friendly v Blackburn

What exactly don't you understand ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    That last bit

Like Robertson

What does that even mean.

Every single signing has been a success so far.

Name a player who hasn't improved !

We have had a 3 month break.

1 kind of friendly v Blackburn

What exactly don't you understand ?
    What do you think I mean? quality players at low price

only way we can compete with £££££££ of other clubs, look at the squad depths you're in dreamland if you think we're going to stay on top without any real investment, don't just mean v everton I mean in general, we've been lucky... don't you want to stay on top? got found out in the champions league.

FSG are loving life at least, having so little net spend is insane for size of our club, constant top 4 and winners this season.

It's only not shown thanks to Klopp and some luck with injury's but we can't count are chickens forever, god help us if Mane salah firmino or VVD robertson,taa got a long term injury.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

At least coronavirus is a good excuse for them, while city utd and chelsea will be splashing the cash.

Obviously happy with the last few seasons, but it'll be a shame to go downhill.

I don't get people saying "but there's a huge gap to make up" yeah maybe on points, but squads? no way compare benches, compare squads.. we've been so lucky with injury's city not so much.

Like I said sell those that can hardly manage 5 games a season, or just simply not good enough bring in a proper wide player/striker(i'd keep brewster), and a LB... at least... but players do get older, we will need to freshen it up with a few youngsters sooner or later.. even in midfield where we have options, but they're all getting older, and I still feel it lacks a quality creatiive player
    Last edited by Kev0909; 23rd June 2020 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    What do you think I mean? quality players at low price

only way we can compete with £££££££ of other clubs, look at the squad depths you're in dreamland if you think we're going to stay on top without any real investment, don't just mean v everton I mean in general, we've been lucky... don't you want to stay on top? got found out in the champions league.

FSG are loving life at least, having so little net spend is insane for size of our club, constant top 4 and winners this season.

It's only not shown thanks to Klopp and some luck with injury's but we can't count are chickens forever, god help us if Mane salah firmino or VVD robertson,taa got a long term injury.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

At least coronavirus is a good excuse for them, while city utd and chelsea will be splashing the cash.

Obviously happy with the last few seasons, but it'll be a shame to go downhill.

I don't get people saying "but there's a huge gap to make up" yeah maybe on points, but squads? no way
    Why are you f**king moaning so much. We won the CL. We are on the brink of winning the league and all you are thinking about is "going downhill"

FSG have never spent the way City, Chelsea and a few other clubs have done. Doesn't mean to say that we won't sign quality.

When other teams such as Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea used to scrape through a series of games it was the "mentality of champions" - when we do it, our own fans call it "luck".

I don't care what the media say, other fans and a our fan base. We've got Klopp and a decent strategy for continued success. We won't go another window without fresening it up. Klopp knows that. he'll know where we are weak and as before he'll wait for the player he wants rather than buy what's available.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Not moaning just being real, people get carried away but of course winning the league htis season is awesome, and everyone should be buzzing and champions league last season, I just wish we could stay on top while we're there, as it's the best time to do it, oh well can enjoy this period.

Next season will be interesting can see it being close between 3 clubs

maybe we can get lucky again scraping games and no long-term injury's to the first team, only can cover it in midfield.

Just because we're not ran by oil money doesn't me we can't spend money from what we make, which is a lot... says something when literally 10 + clubs have more net-spend than us, Klopp is a miracle worker
    Last edited by Kev0909; 23rd June 2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Thank fook Kev ain't our boss , we'd be doomed.

Get a grip mate.
    Glass half full

One game and you are being highly critical and negative.

We are still on for 107 points

This team over the last 2 seasons near 200 points!

Wow that's awful ... sense a bit of irony there.

Give the players a bit of a chance.

I bet you are complaining about the drinks break.
    The 5 subs
    And liverpool not spending £52m on Werner.

Tbh Werner has looked shit !

GIVE KEITA MINAMINO ORIGI a bit of credit

CHEERS
    Most of that has been achieved with our first 11 and midfield options he highlighted. Way to miss kevs point being made.

The choice of Gomez/Matip in the back 4, Adrian deputising well until our cl exit and Origi up top aside the rest of the squad hasnt been too involved at all.
    Shaqiri played his bit in a few games too, Lallana got a draw v manu and the kids beat everton.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You think he has the strength for that..??
    Just give him whatever 'roids Joe Gomez took to bulk up and he'll be fine.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Most of that has been achieved with our first 11 and midfield options he highlighted. Way to miss kevs point being made.

The choice of Gomez/Matip in the back 4, Adrian deputising well until our cl exit and Origi up top aside the rest of the squad hasnt been too involved at all.
    Shaqiri played his bit in a few games too, Lallana got a draw v manu and the kids beat everton.
    No kev is moaning
    That's the point

Oh ps
    Our CL exit ; well if we are so lucky why didn't we win.

We absolutely batter a Madrid at anfield in the 90mins, even their manager simeone said so in the aftermath interview.

We battered them so much if it was boxing the ref would have stopped it ... so 🤫🤫

This team has another season or maybe 2 left at the top.

Then it will see new faces.

There are 5 or 6 at 28yo

So lets not do a Souness or think we are on an App on our phone and just let kloppo and the rest do their magic.

Don't think you need to worry Dicko.

If you have a spare few minutes, look at the ins/outs at Dortmund during Klopp's tenure.

He isn't afraid of ruthlessness or transfer activity to keep the Blade sharp.

If only Souness had managed to cultivate the genius of dicko’s oracle like insight... Aah what might have been...