Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Minamino no18

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Incredible as he is, when Jurgen fucks up, he goes big, our Champions League debacle
    What debacle exactly ??
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    What debacle exactly ??
    I think he holds the view that not playing Hendo as a No6 against AM in one of the games was what cost us, but don't quote me on that.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I think he holds the view that not playing Hendo as a No6 against AM in one of the games was what cost us, but don't quote me on that.
    I mean, at Anfield we absolutely clobbered them and gave our all, in theory it was our reserve keeper that cocked it up. No-one, including Klopp, could have done much more. The amount of chances and world-class saves their keeper made was quite a sight to behold. We didn't go out with a wimper on that night, nothing was left on the table
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Maybe he might actually get some shots on target, now that there's no-one in the crowd to throw it back lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Intelligent player - nimble, changes direction well, good balance.. Seems to have a precision..Looks a potentially great buy, reminds of Luis Garcia.
    I've every Faith he'll be able to help us along the way and he was an absolute bargain to boot.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Intelligent player - nimble, changes direction well, good balance.. Seems to have a precision..Looks a potentially great buy, reminds of Luis Garcia.
    Not been a fan of his control and touch tbh. Maybe he's not been completely match fit, but he's not exhibiting the silky smooth technique a la Bobby I was hoping for.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Bobby looked a million miles away from what he is now when he first arrived and he came from a far superior league and was getting game time.

Minamino hasn’t looked close to his Salzburg form for us yet. That is to be expected more often than not. Most players find the transition to the Premier League a very tough one, the step up from Austria is huge. But the core ingredients on show in that video look very promising.

That's a good point - Bobby was awful at the start.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

This is part of why I rate Klopp so stratospherically high. He seems to be able to turn fairly average players into top class and good players into world class with consistency.

I remember years ago when we were in our pomp under Paisley...winning everything in sight.. Brian Clough when asked about how they ( Liverpool ) do it suggested in frustration - the thing is "Anyone can play for Liverpool" He looked at the reporter and said "you could play for Liverpool"

Feels like this under Klopp.