Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Absolute quality from Bobby and from Hendo, Hendo's vision, positioning and awareness to feed Bobby is top top class, and Bobby's finish and disguise in his lightning quick change of direction to leave Coady on his arse is genius. Hendo's positioning for a counter press to be available to get involved in the move or quickly press if it breaks down is absolute perfection.

You can watch this video free, all you have to do is register on the offal, you don't have to sign up, they provide quite a few good free videos that give a few different camera angles

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/384097-free-video-roberto-firmino-finish-secures-wolves-victory
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bobby Firmino, they were asking Jurgen about Bobby in today's presser, commenting he has scored 10 but they have all come away from home, Jurgen "Well, thankfully we have an away game next"

Watched Bobby's goal v Wolves again several times such a top top class goal, the run, the change of direction, but the touch to change direction was also the touch out of feet to set the ball where he wanted it to absolutely drill it home, sets it, runs onto it, foot next to the ball, hand over the ball, absolutely fucking drills it, absolute fucking class

Absolute class

MOTM tonight, a brilliant display, deserved a goal, the old Brazilian razzle dazzle is pure magic to watch and he looks to be coming into top top form at the very best time, long may it continue, I would absolute love it if he goes on a scoring and assisting spree for the remainder of the season

My motm is Alisson

Followed by Ox then Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    My motm is Alisson

Followed by Ox then Bobby
    Fair play, I had a few very very close with Bobby and Allisson my top two and Bobby just nicked it for me, could easily have gone Allisson for 2 or 3 incredible saves, almost all our boys were excellent yet again, that's the great thing with this side, every time you're thinking of a MOTM it's tough, they all support each other and work so hard for each other to enable each other to play to such high levels collectively, I almost don't want to pick one some games because the team is the star of the show.

Origi was very quiet

Origi was very quiet
    He needs to work very hard at his game, he won the pen and did make better runs, interchanged positions a lot better and take up much better positions in the box, it was a vast improvement from all the other times he's played in Mane's position in that respect.

I'm patient and very supportive of all our players, but his lack of that movement and interchanging of positions with the other forwards and getting in the damn box when the play had been switched to our right so the ball was obviously coming into the box used to really infuriate me, I'd be there thinking, you're coming in for Mane, you must watch him and the team play, the triggers and memory and understanding of what's going to happen next must surely be ingrained in your memory for you to be react and be making runs automatically by now

Origi needs to work on using his considerable size and frame to get in front of players facing our goal and winning the longer balls and keeping hold of it then using it intelligently

Needs to work on his runs in behind and again using his strength in conjunction with his pace to get in behind players and go past them sometimes, and not slamming into them obviously, that knack of going body to body where your easing them out of the way as your muscle past

Needs to work on making supporting runs with his back to goal to make sure he links up with Robbo and Gini far better and make his second runs after passing or laying it off a damn site quicker

Really really needs to work on his runs from LFWD to get in the box as soon as we switch play, that's his fucking cue, it should be an instantaneous reaction to the play being switched to the right when he's a LFWD, he should be on the move immediately looking to be in a position on or just inside the corner of the penalty area to dart between their RB and RCB to the far post area or making a quicker run along the edge of the area so he can get in front of their RCB to be able to make a run between their LCB and RCB to the penalty spot or near post when the ball is played, The size of the lad, he should have been making these runs all his career to get in areas to attack crosses.

He doesn't seem to have ever learned to angle or bend his runs, whenever he's going to attack the ball he seems to run in a straight forward line to it, he must surely watch Bobby, Mane, Mo and the other lads and learn to make runs to attack the ball and take players on at the angle at some point

Needs one on one with someone practicing using his strength body to body and rolling players or muscling past them, develop that knack of trying to go past them by shielding the ball from them having it on his foot furthest away from them, attacking them at the angle and the first step being to be to plant his foot nearest to them right next to theirs and instantly move the ball with his other foot while simultaneously going body to body with them with his shoulder and forearm and thigh of his standing foot rolling them away from the ball as he powers past with the ball

And using the angle in how he positions himself keeping the ball away from the defender by having it on his foot furthest away from them, to make them try and come round him to get it to it, all sorts of moves you can bust from there, megs them as they take their stride to try and get around and go the other side of them, clip it back across yourself onto your other foot taking it away from them with the receiving foot, step over, with instant heel clip for the megs again, etc etc etc, he tries these things, but without the necessary angle and keeping the ball away from them to make them come around and expose themselves or square themselves up, needs to go body to body a lot more and play at angles to defenders and make runs at angles more rather than playing in straight lines and seeming scared to go body to body and use his considerable size and strength
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th January 2020 at 07:58 AM.

Class, the old Bobby Brazilian razzle dazzle

Origi was very quiet
    Origi is one of the nicest human beings around and will always have a special place in my Heart despite not being a "star" - much like appreciating Kuyt or Agger as much as Torres or Carragher.

But despite his exploits against Everton and in the Champion's League, when I think about the big picture and our chance to truly Dynasty-build again via a lens of cold, hard facts/data analysis, he just looks like a player to sell to help fund the acquisition of a better fit for what can be a truly remarkable side.

I do feel a little guilty about that, no question. But if one things of (hypothetical numbers/players here) a £35m sale of Origi and a £25m sale of Shaqiri so we can attain a £60m Werner, you can't help but think "absolutely the right decision for the Club".

I very much want him to have a great career and a happy life and I would be ecstatic if he became a Colossus for us, but he isn't going to usurp one of our front three and when we talk about improving the first XI, well, we're so damn good that most of our fans talk about bloody Mbappe!

That's just the level we are at and it isn't his fault.