Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Beautiful brazillian marry me

Yesterday on ESPN brasil they were talking about Bobby. Saying that he wasn't appreciated that much in Brazil.

So I wrote a tweet.

And Si Senor i got on the telly ahaha

Mixed bag from Bobby tonight, was frustrating in the final third at times, took too many touches on a few occasions, picked the wrong ball on quite a few as well, nearly scored an absolutely sublime goal cutting in from the left in the second half though and made the play really well and got vital interceptions in all over the pitch too

Think he can be improve in the final third by playing the ball earlier at times and working on his decision making, also would like to see a bit more of his brilliant Brazilian flair at times, we all know he has the scoop ball in his locker where he can just lift it over the defender from just outside the box for Mo or Mane to try and get on the end of as we've all seen him do it 2 or 3 times. If you look at the positions Mo was in 2 or 3 times when Bobby took a touch too many, I'd like to see him shape to play the ball with his right, but rather than play it, plant his foot next to it and quickly play a deft little ball through the defenders legs or behind the defenders standing foot for Mo with his other foot, it's a really simple but effective technique, get 30-45 degrees to the ball, shape to make the pass the defender's expecting, but instead plant your right foot next to it and instantly poke it through the gap the defender's move to block the pass he thinks is coming with your left, then it won't matter if he takes a touch too many at times
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

A bit harsh
    They had 4 players on him every time
    It was like playground stuff, bodies in the way.
    Pretty much impossible to go through them in the middle of defence.
    Play back the video

If anyone frustrates it is Mo. His passing lacks application. Too lackadaisical.

All the front 3 play a bit individual. But that's a sign of a selfish striker.

The final ball was really hard to find the space for.

There was one move so slick just that final part.

Sheffield very well drilled and disciplined.

Tough game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    A bit harsh
    They had 4 players on him every time
    It was like playground stuff, bodies in the way.
    Pretty much impossible to go through them in the middle of defence.
    Play back the video

If anyone frustrates it is Mo. His passing lacks application. Too lackadaisical.

All the front 3 play a bit individual. But that's a sign of a selfish striker.

The final ball was really hard to find the space for.

There was one move so slick just that final part.

Sheffield very well drilled and disciplined.

Tough game tonight.
    I'm not really criticising Bobby, he was brilliant all over the pitch as ever, just like him to try a bit of the old Bobby dazzler Brazilian magic when teams try and crowd him out like that, I'm just greedy, I know he's got more

Yep - but think all 3 have looked jaded to be fair at times. Salah was on it last night (perhaps benefitting from a few rests?) but both Firmino and Mane were miles off their best.. Understandable too.

This is why although the FA Cup tie is a derby and at home - I wouldn't play either of those 2 - we need them for the league.. Need to keep this run going as long as we can.

There's injury's everywhere at the moment, some long term due to fixture pile up, it needs looked at.

But we need to be really careful with these lads upfront, only thing that will hinder us is a injury crisis

Where are you from 19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Where are you from 19 ?
    Near Blackpool now, lived in London for 13 years and Manchester for 10 (unfortunately) when I did lots of touring work with live bands, worldwide, lots in Germany too, with a German band called Mucky Pup as support who were pretty entertaining, great times, spent about 6-8 months of my life touring the entire US, Japan was good, apart from the ducking, I'm 6'4" and everything was a bit low for me The Big Day out festival in Australia was also awesome, we got a pay advance and went there for 2 weeks holiday prior being as our flights were being paid for.

I enjoyed touring, always tried to take in the culture, as in what people in all those countries really got up to and how their society was, while all the others were queuing up to go and see The Empire States Building and things like that, I'd be on the Subway to the Bronx and Harlem, in diners, coffee shops and bars and wandering the streets seeing how things really were or going to local cultural festivals when we had a day off, we usually only had one a week

Expecting a moment of quality from our Bobby that is a vital contribution in the Atletico tie.