Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: AC Milan (possible sidenote Serie A discussion)

Ibrahimovic has scored in a Milan Derby in 3 different decades.

But didnt you say that we are into the next decade until next January

I watched the Milan derby last night, really decent game as it turned out.

For someone who started watching italian football back in the 90's (Saturday morning Gazzetta, Sunday afternoon live games) it's sad to see this Milan side at the moment. They are such a pale imitation of what they used to be - none of the current set of players would come even close to the team of the 90's or 00's. Maybe Donnarumma, but even the best keeper in the world can't make too much of a difference if he has the Keystone Cops as the defence in front of him.

I wouldn't even know where to start to fix this current squad - there is such a lack of quality in every single department. For all that Zlatan is an astonishing player, bringing in a 38-year old striker whilst having offloaded Piatek and Cutrone in the last 8 months does not smack of long-term planning. Suso (remember him?) was actually one of their more creative forces and they've shipped him off. The defence had Simon fucking Kjaer in it last night (who I was sure had retired back to Denmark) and the midfield is made up of an interchangeable set of headless chickens who run around until they're exhausted without ever threatening to touch the ball in a meaningful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    the midfield is made up of an interchangeable set of headless chickens who run around until they're exhausted without ever threatening to touch the ball in a meaningful manner.
    I didn't think the filthy had a game yesterday
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I didn't think the filthy had a game yesterday
    Interesting comparison really. Both clubs are in a similar state at the moment in terms of ownership, management, and playing staff - neither set-up seems to be fit for purpose in any department. The only real differences are that Milan are at least two or three years further along in their decline, and they don't have the finances that Man Utd do (at present).

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    But didnt you say that we are into the next decade until next January
    That was CD - who should comeback soon imo - been missed in the matchthread !

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    The only real differences are that Milan are at least two or three years further along in their decline, and they don't have the finances that Man Utd do (at present).
    To be fair those are big enough differences - United have the potential (and it is only that just now - potential) to be the Bayern Munich/Juventus of the Premier League if they can run more effectively due to years of commercial might and the big stadium - it will take a while for this to dissipate.

However if it does we are in for some fun as it is a terribly bloated club.

Lazio!

Would be Healthy for that League if the Monopoly was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Lazio!

Would be Healthy for that League if the Monopoly was broken.
    I'd love it if Lazio win Serie A, it would be brilliant if we win the Prem and Lucas wins Serie A with Lazio this season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd love it if Lazio win Serie A, it would be brilliant if we win the Prem and Lucas wins Serie A with Lazio this season
    Indeed - would be wonderful - and the Roma fans would also go slightly doo-lally which might provide a chuckle.

Really annoys me that their Ultras are the way they are - I have intermittently found myself having soft spots for Roma footballing sides over the years but a portion of their fanbase are everything that Football no longer needs which severely taints it.