Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Mo..?

But since we're going the chain quote method, why not actually quote? So that, you know, it's a bit easier to see if you're leaving important context and posts out... which you, of course, are. Or is that too complex a forum feature for you to utilise in an effective manner?

Wanna try from the start? And remember, you started this chain quote malarky:

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You're a defender aren't you Bali. It seems clear from everything you say about the game - creativity is not your strong point - I am just assuming here.. But feels like that.

"I don't think Jota's all that pacy". hmm
    You come off as more than a bit of a dick, but fine - I reply to your question in a pretty civil manner, as I've come to expect nothing more from you:

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I used to play as a defender in the thournaments we entered - usually between five and nine a side. Was somewhat versatile though - have been used on the wing, in DM and even as a false nine on occasion.

My preferred positions are still as a ball carrying defender with an onus on long passing or as a DM, screening in front of the defence and thundering them in from range. Must be said that I'm a pretty small and physically weak guy, so I have to have a bigger stronger defender next to me though. Where did you used to / do you play?

I don't see how me not thinking Jota is particularly quick has anything to do with how creative I am / used to be on a pitch. David Silva's pretty slow but was still one of the most creative players the PL has ever seen. Not to mention all the registas of the near past.

Edit: My overall view on football is that it should be practiced efficiently and scientifically. Don't particularly like unnecessary showboating or a heavy onus on pure entertainment.
    Then you come up with these gems:

1. I wouldn't expect you to.

2. Our views on football are polar opposites. Also playing efficiently isn't the only option out side of unnecessary showboating..

I used to be an out and out striker - played a lot on both wings too - nowadays play a bit deeper but only because the legs have gone.

1. Remember that one, might be important in a while.
    2. And you have the gall to say I state the bleeding obvious. Which tbf I do. But still, pot, kettle... Did you just hallucinate a windmill and try to smite it once again?

No answer as to how my assessment of a player's speed has any bearing on my creativity whatsoever. Almost like you make a dickish claim and don't have anything with which to back it up... making an arse of yourself. Again...

Well of course you're going to be nice and cryptic after making an absurd claim. No way to weasel your way out of making a dick of yourself again otherwise. Is anyone surprised at this point?

Do you think he's as quick as Salah or Manè?
    %%%%%% Remember me saying I've pointed out the misunderstanding to you more than once? This is one of those times. All you had to do was say "Why are you asking about Salah and Manè? I thought you thought he was generally slow". And this could all have been avoided.

Remember that 1. I mentioned earlier? Not cryptic at all that, right? Nah - super clearly explained... of course. Annoying I know, but I do extend the olive branch - I ask you if you think he's as quick or Salah or Manè. You could have saved us all the time and second hand embarrassment if you'd said "Yes" or "No". Buuut you didn't... I'm guessing it's because the answer in you head is "No" and that would effectively show that you were in agreement with my original statement, which, I admit, wasn't extremely clearly worded. Thankfully, Kev, being the voice of reason, called me up on that, to which I happily replied:

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He's no usain bolt but didn't you see his goals last night? certainly has some pace, had the beating of them defenders, firmino wouldn't be able to do that.
    Oh yeah, defo - just not on the same level as Manè or Salah.
    All before your first post. Be honest now, mate - you didn't bother to read those two, did you? Too much work for ol' Steveo.

TBC
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

But back to the main timeline! Uuuh, I feel like a writer for a cheap TV soap. And theeen I even ask if the sticking point was the word "quick" - who knows, maybe just this is the misunderstanding and we're talking past each other because of that one word?

Ah, maybe the word "quick" is the sticking point here. I mean in terms of pace, not in terms of speed of thought or ball control or ability to move the ball on quickly. He looks... at least decent at those - too early to judge.
    Nope - not even going to acknowledge my previous two posts. Just stay on message: "Bali doesn't understand, explaining what I think he's missing is for chumps". Let's be fair here - is it because around this moment in time you realised you weren't actually making any point and were just digging ever deeper into that whole?

Nothing cryptic at all Bali - just highlighting your lack of vision and understanding . Goes with the territory of those who favour the scientific approach to the game over creativity.

If you can't see that Jota has plenty of pace - and need some numbers to reveal it - then I guess it just proves my assessment above.
    Oh yeah - "you don't understand football, if you don't see it my way, you're uncreative" - that's the way to lead a debate! Just don't read the other person's posts and keep insulting them. That's what you do, isn't it!

Hell, even here I still try to show you what was meant... I'm trying to clear up what you problem was:

[quote of Kev's question to me]

[quote of my answer as to what I meant]

Yeah, Steveo, reading is for chumps. It's okay, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it some day.

I can't find the stats on his acceleration and top speed. FM seems to consider him slower than both Manè and Salah. FIFA too, although that's hardly a good measure.
    %%%%%% Remember me saying I've pointed out the misunderstanding to you more than once? This is another one of those times. And you ignore it to just sling more snide insults my way. Champ. Real champ. At any point you could have asked what I'd meant like any normal civil person could have. But you didn't. Because you're a colossal dick.

And then you come up with some more gems!

This post:

Can't help you I'm afraid Bali - just going to have to go out and run along side all 3 of them to find out for yourself..
    Aha - so basically you were talking horseshite again and have no way to back it up. To boot, you forgot how to read people's posts. Sound that.
    I mean you can only be disagreeing with my point that he's slower than Manè and Salah at this point. Because you can read and you've not just been spouting garbage for the past five-six posts, right? Right?? So you think he's faster than / as fast as them. Can't see how one could interpret that post any other way, assuming ol' Steveo can read.... Bold assumption that apparently. But you have no way to back up your claim, now do you. Soo... exactly what I said.

TBC
    Last edited by Balinkay; 5th November 2020 at 12:58 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Chill out Bali - go have a 4 knuckle shuffle or something. The only person chatting shite - as per usual - is the daft wanna be German Bulgar who thinks he understands English but clearly doesn't get the nuance all the time.
    And, as this point you've covered the whole "Steveo handbook of being an arse on the interwebz" bar the final chapter - you start going after me personally! But since you don't know much about me, bar where I was born and where I reside, you try to find a way to say something insulting without actually saying it, since then you'd get called up on it and you'd have to defend your xenphobic bile (and maybe racist? That's really up to your perception of foreigners like me, but, thankfully, you've at least said it's not about race, so fair play). So instead you go about insulting where I'm from and who I am by "cleverly" encoding your message... I think there's a term for that... did it have something to do with some member of the Carnivora clade? Maybe on of the feliformia... no... no I think it might have been some member of caniformia... Something to do with their special hearing... can't quite put my finger on what the expression was though...

And then, as the nice person and absolute sport you are, you repeatedly bring up the fact my country was on the side of the Axis in WW2... because that's the most appropriate thing to do in an online argument which stems from you own inability to read. You really couldn't make this stuff up. Not only that, but then you go on to suggest I'm having some sort of existential crisis of identity! Yes, Steveo, because that's totally appropriate and not out of place at all on this forum.

Because both of those have a direct bearing on our disagreement, of course!

Ay ay ay... right mess you've got yourself into, Steveo, right mess.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 5th November 2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Fit nicely in the top left pocket.
    what the fuck as this got to do with anything? get outta here piss face
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

How do ye end up embroiled in all this shite talk.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    what the fuck as this got to do with anything? get outta here piss face
    Piss face your insults just keep giving

all of you get fucked init bruvs rudeboy2k20, lockdown 2 is bad enough without falling asleep here

Yawn yawn Yawn - Anyone can go back and read from page 7 in Firmino - see what I quoted - you can spot them Bali if you try really hard they are in between these two magic symbols "". Your needless insults then become quite apparent before claiming to be the victim.. poor little Bali..

NOTE: Any comments you make after the quote I was referencing is immaterial. Sadly this seems to have escaped your grasp.. You keep banging on about the caveats you make after the quote I pulled you up on.. ridiculous.

Creativity comes from being able to see. If you haven't noticed Jota's turn of pace and quick feet then IMO you do not see.

The creative eye sees (key component) it in an instant whereas more methodical individuals need it to be labelled, discussed and have numbers attached to it. I didn't think it needed explanation. It clearly is something that gets under your delicate skin though

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Piss face your insults just keep giving

all of you get fucked init bruvs rudeboy2k20, lockdown 2 is bad enough without falling asleep here
    Innit do..!

Yawn yawn Yawn - Anyone can go back and read from page 7 in Firmino - see what I quoted - you can spot them Bali if you try really hard they are in between these two magic symbols "". Your needless insults then become quite apparent before claiming to be the victim.. poor little Bali..

NOTE: Any comments you make after the quote I was referencing is immaterial. Sadly this seems to have escaped your grasp.. You keep banging on about the caveats you make after the quote I pulled you up on.. ridiculous.

Creativity comes from being able to see. If you haven't noticed Jota's turn of pace and quick feet then IMO you do not see.

The creative eye sees (key component) it in an instant whereas more methodical individuals need it to be labelled, discussed and have numbers attached to it. I didn't think it needed explanation. It clearly is something that gets under your delicate skin though
    It's not immaterial if what you want to do is debate the point. If what you want to do is insult and be a gaping arsehole, then the original post is immaterial too - you can do that just fine. You don't care it's a misunderstanding, all you care about is being a xenophobic dog whistling arsehole.

Let's be honest here - it's clear as day you don't want to talk about the topic - you want to sling mud and try to wind people up. At least after you fail to read what's been said in plain text.

Regarding the bolded bit: I did see that. I explicitly said I did.

Ah, maybe the word "quick" is the sticking point here. I mean in terms of pace, not in terms of speed of thought or ball control or ability to move the ball on quickly. He looks... at least decent at those - too early to judge.
    But you, being the obtuse illiterate that you are, didn't bother to read this.

You're trying to weasel your way out of your xenophobic bile and the deep hole you've dug for yourself. First it was me not understanding the game, then it was you replying to my slightly vague original post, now it's "oh, being able to determine whether A is moving faster than B implies creativity'...

Every time you come up with a new excuse for your cuntish behaviour, you dig yourself deeper, as I covered all of them (at least so far) in our original exchange. But you just didn't read them or respond to them. Because all you want to do is spew xenophobic bile and win internet troll points. Sad.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Tbf I don't think Jota's all that pacy either, though ti might be just his nonchalace that makes it look that way.

In every subsequent post - and you have made many and called me just about every name under the sun including the constant use of virtue signalling bollox ... You seem absolutely determined to hide the quote in question...

This from the same individual who accuses me also of not being able to read.

Face it you took issue with this response to the Jota pace comment.

You're a defender aren't you Bali. It seems clear from everything you say about the game - creativity is not your strong point - I am just assuming here.. But feels like that.

"I don't think Jota's all that pacy". hmm

This is what got under the skin - aint it so Bali. Truth hurts. Accept and move on.