Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mane wins CAF African player of the year award

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    People used to say that about Mo Salah
    People can change, Lovren became world class and Salah became a dick......

Just kidding - Salahs alright

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

No-one except Lovren has ever claimed he's world class, he has made significant improvements this season, the most noted Lovren brainfarts are the 2 against City, I was very harsh on him in particular, but in retrospect, he had just come back from injury for an injured CB I believe and wasn't game sharp, the other one was the pen v the bitters, but that was never a pen, standard arm off by a CB you see loads of every weekend, just Calvert-Lewin is a diving shitbag, always has been
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lovren has done very well since Klopp arrived thanks to his help in gradually resuscitating his career.

It was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

People don't change, they're consistently fickle.

Awesome

Time for one of Mane's bursts of goals I think, it's his turn that's one of the great things about our front 3, when one has a game where things don't quite come off for them, one of the others weighs in with crucial goals, Mane might have had a hat trick v the filthy, first one was unlucky, the ball just got the slightest bobble and skipped up and clipped his shin taking it away from him, then he teed up Bobby having won the ball back superbly only for VAR to incorrectly rule it out, then De Gea pulled off a great save, you can't keep a good Mane down though, I feel there is another famous Mane brace on the horizon

Well said that Mane

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/383727-sadio-mane-wolverhampton-wanderers-preview

Sadio Mane has vowed he and his Liverpool teammates will give absolutely everything they've got in order to deliver more silverware to Anfield this season.

The Reds possess a 13-point lead at the top of the Premier League, with two games in hand on second-placed Manchester City, ahead of Thursday's visit to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

But with plenty of the campaign left to play, Mane insists Jürgen Klopp's side remain laser-focused on tackling each challenge as it comes.

The No.10 told Liverpoolfc.com: "Until the team is successful and I'm also successful, for me I think it's necessary to sacrifice myself to give everything possible for the team, and the team will give me [that] back for sure – every single player.

"For sure we achieved things and we want to achieve more and big things with this club. We want to win trophies – Premier League, Champions League again, which won't be easy, we all know that.

"But what you have seen in these last few years, everything is possible and we can do it and do it again. We just need to be hungry in a good way and push ourselves until the end.

"When we lost the [Champions League] final against Real Madrid... I think from that everything changed and we said to ourselves, 'It's possible'. We also have a young team and from that I think everything changed.

"We got more belief and we get more confidence and we said, 'Everything is possible, why not try? We all want to win things, so why can't we make it together and do it?' I think that's working very well."

The attitude and work ethic displayed on a daily basis at Melwood leave Mane confident about maintaining the standards set so far in 2019-20.

Liverpool have claimed 64 points from a possible 66 in the top flight this term, while lifting the FIFA Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup, in addition to reaching the knockout rounds of the Champions League.

"For sure, they [the supporters] only see what we are doing on pitch every single weekend and the success as well," Mane continued. "But the work starts with yourself at home professionally and hard work on the training ground.

"You can see, every single day from day one when I came to Liverpool, players want to improve more and want to get better and better.

"You can see the gym one hour before training is completely full. I think that's a very, very big sign for the club because everybody wants to play and everyone wants to be the best. I think that makes things special.

"From the training ground, everything starts there and it's just really important. It's normal that fans are getting so excited to see the team playing well and being successful. That's why we are working every single day."

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool: Team news
    The Reds head to Molineux having faced Nuno Espirito Santo's side in late December, securing a 1-0 victory thanks to Mane's first-half finish.

"It's a very, very good side with very, very good players," Mane concluded. "They are doing well in the league.

"After all, we know we also have a good team and I think we now have experience in the Premier League. We know this kind of game won't be easy but we also know how to deal with this kind of game, which is another advantage for us.

"It won't be easy and we'll take it very, very seriously because for us now, [it's about] just taking [it] game by game without making pressure for ourselves and play every single game like a final. If you want to achieve things, you have to do it."

Take nothing for granted - tonight is a massive test. And IMO the toughest of the last 3.

Mané has looked tired of late - both physically and mentally. Totally understandable... We will need him again tonight big time. Even @ 70% he is still superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Take nothing for granted - tonight is a massive test. And IMO the toughest of the last 3.

Mané has looked tired of late - both physically and mentally. Totally understandable... We will need him again tonight big time. Even @ 70% he is still superb.
    He's due a brace tonight, it will be a very tough test, it will be incredibly tough for them also and it's our job to make sure it is and that we're at our very best from start to finish, get the win and another vital 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Mané has looked tired of late - both physically and mentally.
    Totally understandable... We will need him again tonight big time. Even @ 70% he is still superb.
    ...and now injured, mild (hopefully) hamstring injury