Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 120 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2070110113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1759

Thread: FNF and weekends other games

Levante 0-0 Real Madrid HT

Not the best half of football, Real's final ball has been guff
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Leicester only have 1 way of playing.. break off Vardy.. Rodgers will prove to be a poor manager next season. Leicester wont even get in the top 8/10 in my opinion.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Leicester only have 1 way of playing.. break off Vardy.. Rodgers will prove to be a poor manager next season. Leicester wont even get in the top 8/10 in my opinion.
    Rodgers is a chancer and a blagger, he did an interview with Carra in which he repeated almost word for word something I'd seen posted here re a change of tactics he later employed, both the interview and change of tactics came after it was on here, it was at the time he was pissing around with a front 3 playing one of Suarez or Sturridge wide and it was on here that he should play them as a pair and have Coutinho, Hendo or Sterling quickly joining to make it a 3 and if teams were brave enough to try and push their full backs up and go 3 v 2 or 2 v 2 against Suarez and Sturridge 'good luck to them'

Edit: Rodgers used to annoy the fuck out of me as our manager, he was always trying to big himself up, desperately trying to make himself appear clever and 3 or 4 times he did it, lads on here had put the idea forward here a good week before he did what he did and he repeated what had been here almost word for word, I swear I thought he used to read this forum when he was our manager, it was uncanny

He was the first manager to use Sterling as a forward, for a game Suarez or Sturridge was suspended for, he was a week late in doing it from it having been immediately suggested here when one of those two was suspended

Still, if Rodgers hadn't been such an egomaniac with a constant need to appear clever, he'd have won the league with us and we wouldn't have Jurgen here now or this incredible team and way of playing, so happy days
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd February 2020 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ramos gets booked for his dark arts, I don't watch La Liga a lot, i'm curious as to whether these 'dark arts' players regularly get booked for their antics in La Liga and it's just the Champions League they're allowed to get away with murder in
    They get away with it, hence why they continue to do it when playing in Europe. In La Liga not only can you get away with the dark arts, but you also get away with diving, play acting, being allowed to harangue the referee, and if you play for one of the big two (notably Barca/Messi), if you are so much as breathed on you get given a free kick or penalty, and as such are given lots of space for fear of being penalised. Why else do you think Messi scores bag loads of goals in La Liga (as do the likes of failed PL players Aspas and Forlan), but he can't do so when playing for Argentina, never mind that he refuses to consider plying his trade elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    To be fair though, his tactics worked a lot better than I had expected today and Leicester really should have won, they had 3 great chances, Vardy's chance was an even better chance than Jesus' and they should have had 2 pens

Oooops Hazard limps off ahead of their Champions League last 16 clash with UAE FC, he'd been shit anyway, Zidane had a touch of the Evans Collymore with him, we spend 60m on something you have no idea how to use

Speaking of the Champions League last 16, the other 12 teams were likely absolutely made up that the 2 teams not a single one of them wanted to play LFC and Atletico were drawn against each other and made up that UAE FC and Real were drawn against each other so one of them would be exiting the competition

Ha hah hah Levantes 1-0 Real Morales smashes one left footed right into the top left hand corner

The Spanish VAR lads are a lot better than here in the UK, they can manage to put the offside line in a straight line right across the pitch where it should be and where you can clearly see it, not at an angle
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd February 2020 at 09:40 PM.

Ha hah hah Real got bummed by Levante 1-0 I 'may' have to revise my Champions League prediction to a narrow 2-1 win for Real having watched that, all though it was against a packed defence with the final ball either not good enough or just not quite coming off, they won't be playing against a packed defence on Wednesday though, surprised Zidane didn't try and give Bale some minutes, I know he doesn't like him, even though he's been better for Real than Hazard or Isco in his time there and playing against that UAE FC defence is absolutely made for him, I might have to revise my Chelsea v Bayern prediction too, Chelsea actually looked solid for the first time ever this season today, still, how they perform can change hugely from one game to the next, Forrest Gump would have described them as being like a box of chocolates
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd February 2020 at 09:59 PM.

Hahahaha, yas!

Getafe to win it?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non