Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81

Thread: Your team v Man United

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,767
    Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I'd start Ox over Lallana. Maybe bring o. Lallana later in the game if Ox tires
    I'm thinking the reverse of that. Lallana can be pretty resistant to the opposition press when he's playing well and is also very capable of some snide going-over-too-easily stuff to win us a free kick.

    Ox for the last 20 minutes to provide something different, plus protects Ox a bit from any re-occurence of injury.

    I expect a difficult game. Nothing to do with United being a good side. But I think 2014 is our last League win at their place.

    We need to fix that.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm thinking the reverse of that. Lallana can be pretty resistant to the opposition press when he's playing well and is also very capable of some snide going-over-too-easily stuff to win us a free kick.

    Ox for the last 20 minutes to provide something different, plus protects Ox a bit from any re-occurence of injury.

    I expect a difficult game. Nothing to do with United being a good side. But I think 2014 is our last League win at their place.

    We need to fix that.
    We're at Anfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We're at Anfield
    Jesus H Christ, where's my head at - so we are!

    Saw a Red Kite today (kind of a big deal in Northern Ireland compared to the Mainland) and have been in laa-laa land since.

    Almost as bad as when I come on here when I have a drink in me.

    Anfield......bumming then.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Jesus H Christ, where's my head at - so we are!

    Saw a Red Kite today (kind of a big deal in Northern Ireland compared to the Mainland) and have been in laa-laa land since.

    Almost as bad as when I come on here when I have a drink in me.

    Anfield......bumming then.
    Yes, I certainly hope a balls deep bumming is administered to the filthy at the weekend
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yes, I certainly hope a balls deep bumming is administered to the filthy at the weekend
    I'd like them to set up with an incredibly low block, with it being obvious that Ole has given no instructions all week that aren't related to the low block - and for us to pick it apart in the opening 5 minutes.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd like them to set up with an incredibly low block, with it being obvious that Ole has given no instructions all week that aren't related to the low block - and for us to pick it apart in the opening 5 minutes.
    That would be brilliant, it will be a VERY tough game and they will be incredibly determined to try and get at least a draw and want to beat us probably more than any other side we've faced this season so far, so we have to be better than them, more clinical and at our breath taking brilliant best from start to finish
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That would be brilliant, it will be a VERY tough game and they will be incredibly determined to try and get at least a draw and want to beat us probably more than any other side we've faced this season so far, so we have to be better than them, more clinical and at our breath taking brilliant best from start to finish
    Agree and going off Klopps post match interview I think we could be at the right pitch for the weekend.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That would be brilliant, it will be a VERY tough game and they will be incredibly determined to try and get at least a draw and want to beat us probably more than any other side we've faced this season so far, so we have to be better than them, more clinical and at our breath taking brilliant best from start to finish
    And I don't mean at our breath taking brilliant best in terms of our best all singing all dancing football, I mean in terms of tactics, execution, vigilance, awareness, communication, pressing, passing, tackling, heading, clinical finishing, sheer hard graft and an unshakable belief that we are Liverpool and the 3 points on offer are absolutely vital to us and we will not be beaten and give everything we have and use all our guile and knowledge to make sure we take those 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    21,936
    Been looking at the three fixtures of Spurs away, Utd at home and Wolves away and I’m convinced that if we win those three it’s surely done and dusted.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    9,331
    Same as against Tottenham.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Similar Threads

  1. Your team v Sheffield United
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2nd January 2020, 09:03 PM
  2. Your team v Man United
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 21st October 2019, 03:07 AM
  3. Your team v Sheffield United
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 28th September 2019, 12:10 PM
  4. Team vs Sheffield United
    By justme in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27th September 2019, 09:57 AM
  5. Your team v Man United
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 19th December 2018, 04:35 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •