Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Been looking at the three fixtures of Spurs away, Utd at home and Wolves away and I’m convinced that if we win those three it’s surely done and dusted.
    I have to agree on this, I was thinking that if we get through this month undefeated the title must be ours!

We have a cushion of points, a game in hand and even though the displays haven’t been great, we’ve accumulated a lot of points with only drawing against the mancs. A win at home against them and a draw to wolves wouldn’t be too shabby. If the mentality stays the same and we don’t just assume we’re going to win and keep our focus then I honestly don’t see us losing the race at all.

The concern for me is the CL and what impact that would have on mental and physical state.

Looking back at last year and how we “threw it away” I’ll only ever be comfortable if it’s mathematically guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    We have a cushion of points, a game in hand and even though the displays haven’t been great, we’ve accumulated a lot of points with only drawing against the mancs. A win at home against them and a draw to wolves wouldn’t be too shabby. If the mentality stays the same and we don’t just assume we’re going to win and keep our focus then I honestly don’t see us losing the race at all.

The concern for me is the CL and what impact that would have on mental and physical state.

Looking back at last year and how we “threw it away” I’ll only ever be comfortable if it’s mathematically guaranteed
    We have
    Atleti A February 18th
    Atleti H March 11th

Should we progress the schedule really doesn't get busy again till April & May

7/8 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
    14/15 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
    28/29 April: Semi-finals, first leg
    5/6 May: Semi-finals, second leg
    30 May: Final – Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadı, Istanbul

From our draw v Leicester through to our draw v Everton we only played Bayern at home in the CL a draw.
    After our Everton draw we only lost the cl semifinal away leg game till the end of the season.

We play man city A on the 4th of April and thereafter with 6 pl games left to play we could have the league wrapped up IF we can maintain our current awesomeness.

Between now and April this little run is as busy as it gets, I'm excluding the fa cup fixtures as I'm assuming that will be kids plus players who need minutes.

Solskjaer will set them up in exactly the same way as he did at Old Trafford. They'll try to stop TAA and Robinson getting forward, and they'll look to hit us on the break. That for me makes it essential that we have a least one, if not two 'proactive' players in midfield.

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Solskjaer will set them up in exactly the same way as he did at Old Trafford. They'll try to stop TAA and Robinson getting forward, and they'll look to hit us on the break. That for me makes it essential that we have a least one, if not two 'proactive' players in midfield.
    They will indeed. They'll park the bus and hope that our attackers have another off day against them and they hit us on the counter.
    I'd love it, love it if we stuff them 5 or 6.

Though a dodgy 1-0 will do equally.

Think a 1-0 via controlling the game is most likely the way to victory. A more clinical version of the Spurs game would be great.

We'll win quite comfortably, Solskjaer doesn't even know what his best team is as he keeps chopping and changing.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

The filthy have an FA Cup replay tonight that seems certain to go to extra time and pens and end in a mass punch up too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”