Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: goat premier league striker - vote robbie!

Imagine what Aguero's numbers would look like without all his injuries. Absolutely fantastic finisher.

The amount of times he just smashes it high near post instead of going across the keeper.................take note Salah!
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    l will swap you Aspas for Sean Dundee
    As well as having lots of world class players during the PL era, we've also had some utter crud, which unfortunately has been one of, if not the main reason(s) we've been waiting so long for a league title.

Gerrard, Hyypia, Mascherano, Owen, Fowler, McManaman, Alonso, Reina, Suarez, Torres etc.

Poulsen, Konchesky, Kromkamp, Karius, Piechnik, Nunez, Kvarme, Jovanovic, Diomede etc.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Imagine what Aguero's numbers would look like without all his injuries. Absolutely fantastic finisher.

The amount of times he just smashes it high near post instead of going across the keeper.................take note Salah!
    Imagine what a fit Fowler's numbers would be in our current team.

...not a mention of Acquilani (spell)
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    ...not a mention of Acquilani (spell)
    He's in the physios team, which includes Matip Sturridge and a few more sicknotes.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

I thought the answer to all these polls is Peter Crouch!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post

There is relevance in everything, he has spent 10 years playing in THE most expensively assembled 'bought off the peg' teams in the Premier League, so he's not been operating on an equal footing to every other striker throughout his time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Surely Shearer

Had to be Suarez, at the risk of the usual disparaging comments, I was the best player I'd ever been at the grand old age of 39, wishing I had the fitness levels of my teens to late 20's playing 5 a side and the player I would have likened myself would have been Suarez but that was before I'd ever seen Suarez play, and I was thinking about it, but what was in my game then was all hugely practiced, for four hours twice a week together with playing for an hour twice a week, receiving the ball on either foot, body shape, change of direction, giving the appearance of doing one thing while being about to do something else, huge variety of finishes with either foot, instep and outstep but that was a culmination of practicing for 8 hours a week on those things plus working on and rehearsing all the best tricks, changes of direction, turns, changes of feet and finishes and techniques of striking the ball from all the best youtubes of Torres, Benzema and Villa, they didn't have each others tricks, they had their own tricks, Suarez had the combined trickery changes of direction, changes of feet, body shape, deception and finishes of all 3 put together
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Had to be Suarez, at the risk of the usual disparaging comments, I was the best player I'd ever been at the grand old age of 39, wishing I had the fitness levels of my teens to late 20's playing 5 a side and the player I would have likened myself would have been Suarez but that was before I'd ever seen Suarez play, and I was thinking about it, but what was in my game then was all hugely practiced, for four hours twice a week together with playing for an hour twice a week, receiving the ball on either foot, body shape, change of direction, giving the appearance of doing one thing while being about to do something else, huge variety of finishes with either foot, instep and outstep but that was a culmination of practicing for 8 hours a week on those things plus working on and rehearsing all the best tricks, changes of direction, turns, changes of feet and finishes and techniques of striking the ball from all the best youtubes of Torres, Benzema and Villa, they didn't have each others tricks, they had their own tricks, Suarez had the combined trickery changes of direction, changes of feet, body shape, deception and finishes of all 3 put together
    The big question is though.... Was Suárez as GOOD as you?
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!