Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afcon

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Same as Qatar 2022 World Cup tbf
    Yes but no club games will be played whilst that is on being the difference.

We can cover for Keita but not the other two.

I agree with 19 we are one of the best clubs in the world and no chance can we sign an African player now we'd miss 4 players that is providing they all stay here !

It might have buggered things up for Koulibaly too, he's been waiting and waiting on making a much anticipated 'big move', he's going to be 29 in the summer and any club signing him will then be without his services for 6 games at a crucial period

One solution to AFCON is very clear, hold it every fucking 4 years like the European Championships is and while it's being held again this year, the Copa America is moving to being played every 4 years after so it will be played in the same summer as the European Championships in future. Quite frankly, having AFCON bi-annually when the tournament is played in season time for most major European clubs and it's the players who perform in those top European clubs that help draw a lot of the sponsorship and interest in the competition is an absolute fucking piss take
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

A joke

I think this will obviously be a major consideration in our transfer dealings.

I believe we will sign at least one top quality striker in the summer, Werner or MBappe

The midfield will need bolstering to replace Lallana and Shaqiri who both seem certain to leave and with a view to the longterm sustainability of our current set up with Millie, Hendo and Gini all being a year older and all of them would undoubtedly benefit from greater rest through our recruiting reinforcements so they can keep performing at the incredible levels they have been. Keita will also miss 8 games at a crucial time of the season, so it's is likely that we'll be in the market for another more attacking No8 probably for LCM as RCM is Keita's and Oxlade's best position when employed in the more attacking No8 role and not just because Keita will be away but also to bolster our creativity in games in which teams are intent on defending very deep. And we'll likely be looking for a top up and coming box to box midfielder who can operate as a No6 as Hendo plays the role or as a No8 as Hendo and Gini play that role to give us the necessary strength in depth right across midfield.

Of all the 'contenders' and players I've seen linked for the two likely midfield recruits I think Fabian Ruiz as a natural left footer, with great close control, dribbling, passing, creativity and brilliant dead ball ability and a player who is very good defensively is the ideal player of all the players we've been linked to for the attacking No8 role. For the player who can play as a No6 or either No8 as Hendo and Gini operate the lad Soumare is the very best available to suit our needs.

In defence we really need a top quality young LB to provide cover and competition for Robbo to make sure he gets more rest and can keep performing to his highest levels, Larouci really isn't going to be anywhere like ready for at least 2 seasons and as brilliant a job as Millie does there, he restricts our ability to play as we do at our very best as he can't get up and down the pitch like Robbo, break at pace beyond Gini and he always always has to check back onto his right foot. Getting competition and cover at LB is long long overdue

A CB we might stay as we are, Lovren has a year left on his contract and he may well be allowed to see it out, in an ideal world I think we need to replace him in the summer as although he has made considerable strides forward this season in belatedly starting to defend on the front foot and dealing far far better with big physical strikers, he has started to pick up tweaks and strains and he's 31 in the summer, so I think we really should move to bring in a top young centre back, 20-26 and who is also a leader and can be very comfortable at LCB or RCB and has all the attributes in how he plays and physically to potentially reach Virgil's incredible levels in time and who has a flawless injury history
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”