Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103106107108109110111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,126 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What do people think Klopp would get from Pogba - Fernandes, Mata, Van De Beek, Lingard… and company?
    He'd certainly utilise them more intelligently. Playing Ronaldo, Greenwood and Pogba simultaneously for example is asking for trouble unless you have dedicated players to cover ground and close things down.

They try to squeeze too many forward-minded players on, don't press coherently and probably need a rethink about their centre-back situation. Maguire is Maguire and Varane (early days admittedly) looks the centre-back equivalent of Rooney, whereby years of being first-choice at the top level mean he has a lot of football in his legs and is "older" than his body if that makes sense - though maybe if Conte/Zidane/ten Hag came in we would see a totally different player.

While it isn’t a great midfield by any stretch I think Ole would struggle in similar fashion with ours in there.

I mean the guy looks clueless at times to me at least.

While it isn’t a great midfield by any stretch I think Ole would struggle in similar fashion with ours in there.

I mean the guy looks clueless at times to me at least.
    He is doing a fine job to me.

The worry is Ole has got this habit of winning when he really needs one and we are next league game for them.

He probably leaves Sancho out against us and shifts Pogba higher up

Oh yes fully expect them to have a very good run - probably starting against us.. They finished second last season even playing weakened sides in the last few weeks chasing the Europa - and that was with a weaker setup. Just think with better management they could be pushing for that title

Oh yes fully expect them to have a very good run - probably starting against us.. They finished second last season even playing weakened sides in the last few weeks chasing the Europa - and that was with a weaker setup. Just think with better management they could be pushing for that title
    We all know he is the weak link and he just chucks 5 attackers into his line up expecting it to work on pure talent.

Last season to me was a farce it doesnt really count this is real footy with fans back they finished second with an unreal amount of help with penos.

They do have a good squad and I think since he has been manager he has spent more than Pep at £400m plus but as Rio/Neville say its on the Glaziers long may they keep trotting that out.

What do people think Klopp would get from Pogba - Fernandes, Mata, Van De Beek, Lingard… and company?

From where I am sitting, it’s the manager who looks poor. Out of his depth and a slave to too many masters.

In all honesty, it’s a very good job that he is too.

What interests me, as you may have guessed, is how the club is being run. Currently they have given up on getting the best managers in the world with the best track record (after the continuity sojourn - the tough Scottish manager, like his predecessor) and they have gone for the boot room option. The man who knows the club. Stick with him, give him time.

I think they started with Fergusons choice, gave up on the idea, gave up on the next idea and asked Ferguson again how the hell to get out of this situation. Now what? They will have to find a way out of this current predicament but what will it be?

You seem to think Klopp is the measure of what makes a team work but it isn't that simple. look at Moyes now - who thinks he'd do a better job than Ole with those players you listed? I do. But they can't sign him. The reasons for that are various and they may be deeper problems than just signing the right manager.

Who exactly signed Ronaldo, for example and who has the right to put him in the starting line up or leave him out. If Sir Alex chose to sign him, which seemed to be part fo the story, isn't that fucking things up for Ole too?