Page 60 of 113 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770110 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Which manager would they go for? I dont get the hype that surrounding poch. It was basically harry kanes goals that got spurs into the top 4.
    So tell me a manager that would take Man-united any higher? and have to deal with the facts they don't get any time at all. Its an instant win or they are under pressure.
    Allegri?
    Nagelsmann?

The main issue there is the lack of patience. I definitely think there is a Manager who could get them (for talk's sake over a course of 5 seasons) 4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd or something akin to that.

They need that sustained period of being an ever-present in the Champion's League as a platform upon which to build, focus on a set transfer strategy for that period rather than constantly going for - at a loss for a phrase here - "talking point" signings - and to have someone who can actually Coach them rather than solely trying to buy their way out of trouble.

But that is far too much sensibility for a side with a generation of monumentally short-term thinking and VERY entitled fans.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Came on to say the same skyebo

Utd Team v Luton

26Henderson
    29Wan-Bissaka
    3Bailly
    5Maguire
    33Williams
    17Fred
    31Matic
    8Mata
    34van de Beek
    14Lingard
    25Ighalo
    Lol. Strong line up isn't it Miller.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

The main issue there is the lack of patience.
    I think the main issue is that the owners or executive have lost their way. They don't know what type of manager to appoint and they don't know what type of player recruitment policy to pursue.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I think the main issue is that the owners or executive have lost their way. They don't know what type of manager to appoint and they don't know what type of player recruitment policy to pursue.
    Not to mention the insane wage bill. Mediocre players are getting paid insane amounts. No wonder they struggle getting rid of their deadwood. One of my colleagues sent me a very aggressive text when we won the league saying something along the lines of 'we're getting Sancho to start. Add a couple more players and with Pogba coming back, we will surpass you this year'.

VERY entitled indeed and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are/were bandwagon fans. They have a hard time accepting the fact that their club is not what it used to be under fergie.

Having said that - long this may continue.

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    Not to mention the insane wage bill. Mediocre players are getting paid insane amounts. No wonder they struggle getting rid of their deadwood. One of my colleagues sent me a very aggressive text when we won the league saying something along the lines of 'we're getting Sancho to start. Add a couple more players and with Pogba coming back, we will surpass you this year'.

VERY entitled indeed and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are/were bandwagon fans. They have a hard time accepting the fact that their club is not what it used to be under fergie.

Having said that - long this may continue.
    Losing £5m per match day apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Losing £5m per match day apparently.
    That's quite a sum. How much are other clubs losing per match day?

Also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their 'transfer funds' actually ended up in the contracts for Tom Brady and Gronk for the Tampa Bay Bucs. Tampa Bay NFL team is also owned by the Glazers.
    Last edited by buck3y3nut; 24th September 2020 at 04:29 PM.

"I don't mean to demean or criticise any of the great or very good footballers who played for me during my 26-year career at United, but there were only four who were world class: Cantona, Giggs, Ronaldo and Scholes," he writes in his book 'Leading', as per The Independent.
    "And of the four Cristiano was like an ornament on the top of a Christmas tree."

None of which won the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Allegri?
    Nagelsmann?

The main issue there is the lack of patience. I definitely think there is a Manager who could get them (for talk's sake over a course of 5 seasons) 4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd or something akin to that.

They need that sustained period of being an ever-present in the Champion's League as a platform upon which to build, focus on a set transfer strategy for that period rather than constantly going for - at a loss for a phrase here - "talking point" signings - and to have someone who can actually Coach them rather than solely trying to buy their way out of trouble.

But that is far too much sensibility for a side with a generation of monumentally short-term thinking and VERY entitled fans.
    You talking about United I assume.

I don't agree with that.

United will always sign top players. Their name and their money.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    You talking about United I assume.

I don't agree with that.

United will always sign top players. Their name and their money.
    Yeah they will, but (I may not have articulated this terribly well) I guess I'm a critic of that - if I wore a "want-United-to-do-well-hat" (yuck!) I would be looking at getting an established system and getting players that suit that system well.

Pogba - £89m
    Maguire - £80m
    Sancho - let's say £110m

Now, Sancho is of course hypothetical, but if he did come in at that price you are looking at a transfer fee outlay of £279m - I can't help but look at what a club like ourselves has done and just laugh at that kind of business model.

They target "Galactico" players essentially, even though they generally don't get the absolute cream of the crop these days (Mbappe to United would really surprise me) and it's getting them nowhere spectacular. They're still "around" but no real threat at present.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Looks like they could be signing Cavani.

At just 33 years old he is one for the future
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay